Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:26 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

To those waitlisted: how many wait list updates have you submitted to the school so far?

You may select 1 option
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
The people I know who got off waitlists submitted two or three - roughly one a month since they got put on the waitlist. They didn't let them "forget".
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just had a feedback session with Cornell. My spirits are back up, not because I was falsely promised something. I felt that the school really cares about each applicant and asks for updates not as an exercise in English composition, but because it's really looking for a good reason to admit the waitlisted candidates. Back to writing tonight!
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nsentra wrote:
I just had a feedback session with Cornell. My spirits are back up, not because I was falsely promised something. I felt that the school really cares about each applicant and asks for updates not as an exercise in English composition, but because it's really looking for a good reason to admit the waitlisted candidates. Back to writing tonight!

That's the spirit!
Do it for the Motherland, tovarisch! :lol: :lol: :lol:
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have been either dinged or admitted. No waitlists for me, so no updates.
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
lepium wrote:
I have been either dinged or admitted. No waitlists for me, so no updates.

You missed all the fun!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I keep in touch with Darden on a regular basis and sent 2 updates to USC - I am more interested in Darden though - the waiting is getting worse lately
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
OasisNYK wrote:
I keep in touch with Darden on a regular basis and sent 2 updates to USC - I am more interested in Darden though - the waiting is getting worse lately

Can you pls define, what you mean under "on a regular basis"?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I voted "1 per month" although in actuality, it was 1 per 3 weeks (and I submitted 2 in total).

I was a round 2 applicant notified of WL in end-Feb for Kellogg's JD-MBA. I was notified of acceptance this past week.

Good luck to all those still waiting! I know how excruciating this can be.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 930 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
What updates did you guys send them? some more information about yourself, or simply a question of your status on the waitlist to remind them your existence? thanks. :-D
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
tennis_ball wrote:
What updates did you guys send them? some more information about yourself, or simply a question of your status on the waitlist to remind them your existence? thanks. :-D

More info about myself. New achievements, career progress, etc.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Not exactly a news that's gonna change my decision but yes
I CONVERTED MY FIRST WAITLIST :-D

got the mail today from the Krannert school of management at Purdue University that I have been offered admission to their MBA program.

"On behalf of our students, faculty, and staff, I am pleased to inform you that the Krannert School of Management has approved your admission to our professional master's programs, beginning August 2007. I have forwarded the committee's recommendation for your admission to the Dean of the Graduate School, who will send you an official letter of admission to the University within the next 30 days. We commend you for the record of achievement that has merited your admission to the MBA program and extend our warmest congratulations on your success! "

Well, I'm happy that i could make it. I was initially not that confident about my profile. I'd managed just the one admit at OSU and 2 waitlists (the other being Tepper-CMU) and of course a royal ding from Sloan. But, to have converted this waitlist has made me feel nice especially in the wake of so much personal difficulties in the last 4 months.

Ok, so what did i do? Nothing out of the box, I mailed them a 4 page strong essay(with help from editor Rhyme :) ) consisting of a short para of my interest in krannert, professional achievements, personal successes, updates in extra-curriculars, again Why Krannert ( with mention of specific courses,profs) and not for the last time, reiterating my 'passion' for Krannert. My WL decision came on Feb 2 and I mailed this essay somewhere in March - mid. I also sent 2 mails just asking them for any updates on the decision and also expressing my interest in their MBA program.

Well, I had taken a decision by april-mid that I should be heading for OSU since I had an excellent merit package from them and besides, I never expected to hear from purdue considering the vast number of indian applicants with much stronger profiles than me either getting dinged/waitlisted. But, things can happen :) .

Now, comes the hard part of declining the offer. But i do know, that doing so may bring smiles to another hopeful candidate. Coz, being put in a waitlist is a very hard thing to happen ( and I'm sure that all my fellow WL'ers on the board will agree).

Ok, been a long time since i posted this much :-D . I'll wait and see what happens with my other waitlist!!

Cheers
Dart
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I got dinged at my #1 and accepted at my #2. I did not dignify GSB's and Kellogg's waitlist letters with a response. :)
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats, mbadart07!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
mbadart07 wrote:
Not exactly a news that's gonna change my decision but yes
I CONVERTED MY FIRST WAITLIST :-D

got the mail today from the Krannert school of management at Purdue University that I have been offered admission to their MBA program.

"On behalf of our students, faculty, and staff, I am pleased to inform you that the Krannert School of Management has approved your admission to our professional master's programs, beginning August 2007. I have forwarded the committee's recommendation for your admission to the Dean of the Graduate School, who will send you an official letter of admission to the University within the next 30 days. We commend you for the record of achievement that has merited your admission to the MBA program and extend our warmest congratulations on your success! "

Well, I'm happy that i could make it. I was initially not that confident about my profile. I'd managed just the one admit at OSU and 2 waitlists (the other being Tepper-CMU) and of course a royal ding from Sloan. But, to have converted this waitlist has made me feel nice especially in the wake of so much personal difficulties in the last 4 months.

Ok, so what did i do? Nothing out of the box, I mailed them a 4 page strong essay(with help from editor Rhyme :) ) consisting of a short para of my interest in krannert, professional achievements, personal successes, updates in extra-curriculars, again Why Krannert ( with mention of specific courses,profs) and not for the last time, reiterating my 'passion' for Krannert. My WL decision came on Feb 2 and I mailed this essay somewhere in March - mid. I also sent 2 mails just asking them for any updates on the decision and also expressing my interest in their MBA program.

Well, I had taken a decision by april-mid that I should be heading for OSU since I had an excellent merit package from them and besides, I never expected to hear from purdue considering the vast number of indian applicants with much stronger profiles than me either getting dinged/waitlisted. But, things can happen :) .

Now, comes the hard part of declining the offer. But i do know, that doing so may bring smiles to another hopeful candidate. Coz, being put in a waitlist is a very hard thing to happen ( and I'm sure that all my fellow WL'ers on the board will agree).

Ok, been a long time since i posted this much :-D . I'll wait and see what happens with my other waitlist!!

Cheers
Dart

Awesome. Congrats. (and thanks for the shout out)

Now call them back and ask for a full scholarship plus stipend. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly are business school wait lists? Why do you need to send updates?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
feedback session [#permalink]
hi!

I have been waitlisted at Eller, UA @ tucson. They say by 15 they would mail the decision. Do schools stick to dates when it come to mailing waitilist decisions!

also what exacltly is a feeback seesion? can i request for one ?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
csgreen wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly are business school wait lists? Why do you need to send updates?

Yes, you are green! (As in new to all of this.) When you apply to b-school, you can get three responses: admit, waitlist, or deny (often called a ding).

They generally waitlist you because they found you compelling, but not a slam dunk. They will waitlist you, and if you want to get in, you generally need to convince them to let you in: retaking the GMAT, submitting additional recs, writing a letter to emphasize your interest. These are the updates you would send.

Schools may also waitlist a candidate if they think you won't enroll if accepted. If you've got a stellar profile, why would you apply to a second-tier school? That school might perceive that they are your back-up, that you'll get into someplace with a better rank, and that you will turn down their offer of admission. So they waitlist you, and you then get to prove how much you want to be there. This is called managing your enrollment rate.

There are probably other reasons to waitlist someone, but you get the idea.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2