Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 01:06 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 01:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Evaluation Please :) [#permalink]
pbodine wrote:
impulsive wrote:
Hi,

Kindly evaluate my profile for admission into top US business schools preferably the Top 5 schools.

1) I am 28 years old married guy, with almost 5 years of professional experience. Majority of my experience is in Pakistan where I worked with two leading MNCs in Brand Management and have had a lot of training & exposure internationally in marketing/brand management. Last year I migrated to Australia along with my wife and started my own entrepreneurial venture. Currently I own a small business related to internet retailing/e commerce in Sydney.

2) I have around 15 years of Education from Pakistan with very good grades. If converted into GPA, my grades would be around 3.5-3.7/4.0.

3) Two GMAT attempts. First score 660, Second score 740. More strong in quantitative section.

4) Various volunteering projects including setting up an NGO in rural Pakistan and maintaining a large cultural/community website aimed at preserving culture of Indus Valley.

My reason for MBA is to learn more about Entrepreneurship, network with other high potential people and strengthen my business.

Thanks,
Impulsive

Impulsive,

You have an interesting and strong profile, but I think top 5 schools will be longshots for you, especially HBS and Stanford. Given your entrepreneurial goals I recommend USC, MIT Sloan, Michigan, Texas, Haas, and UCLA. I think you'd have a decent to good shot at all these excellent schools.

Good luck,

Just a Question Paul?

The guy has 740 GMAT, 5-6 years decent experience in more than 1 countries with good companies, a very decent academic record also. I would agree with impulsive on how can he further improve his profile??

I would request you to explain why do you think he is not suited for a top school except that he is a Pakistani??

Thanks
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
impulsive wrote:
Thanks Paul,

I really appreciate your evaluation.

What should change in my profile to make it Top 5 schools profile. Should I imporove GMAT or add a few more years of experience?

Thanks

You definitely do not need to retake the GMAT or get more experience. First, I don't know what schools besides HBS and Stanford you consider to be top 5. Maybe you are better than a longshot at those three schools. To clarify, I believe almost everybody is a longshot at HBS and Stanford. The ones who seem most 'likely' at those two schools usually have almost superhuman profiles in terms of impact AND/OR very unusal profiles like Marine captain or former soccer star, etc. You don't need me to tell you that your profile is very strong, but from what you've told me it's not clearly "superhuman." Maybe the company you started has many employees and is a market share leader? Maybe you're having the same impressive community impact in Australia that you did in Pakistan? But if the answer to these questions is "no" then you are probably not quite at the level of the applicants to HBS and Stanford that I start to feel optimistic about. Certainly *do not* interpret my response as an attempt to dissuade you from applying to top 5 schools. People do get into longshots.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]