Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Ravindra, I will look for the posts that talk about reading speed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hello Gayathri,

I'll try and help:

"My mind tends to wander constantly and as result I waste time by having to reread problems. This is especially a problem for me with Verbal, in all the three sections"

You need to take one question at a time. When you're working on a particular question, shut your mind off to everything else. Sort of my-life-depends-on-this-problem attitude. Once you get the killer instinct to squash the question in front, your concentration is bound to come through. It might take you a couple of days/weeks to get to that level - once you're there, it'll be just another habit. The key is simple to concentrate on the problem at hand and forget about what went by and what's going to appear on the screen next.

Hope this helps. If you have questions - you know you just have to reply.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I incidentally increased my concentration level by doing many CR problems, especially LSAT ones. This is because you really need to "see through" those CR and think fast. If you can see through difficult CR plots and know what kind of answer you are looking for before even looking at the answer choices, you will be in good position to increase your RC skills.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks maverick & Paul!

Paul, any suggestions on what LSAT material you used for CR...
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
The two LSAT books I used are ARCO LSAT and Peterson LSAT. I found ARCO LSAT to be very realistic questions whereas Peterson's LSAT is very abstract and I wonder if it can be compared to real LSAT or GMAT material. Peterson's RC is also brutal. Since I did not work with Official LSAT guide, I cannot tell you how representative the latter is. IMO, ARCO LSAT is good enough and will give you a good backbone for CR.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Paul, I will check out ARCO LSAT...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Paul, I will check out ARCO LSAT...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
to paul;

i have a question about the LSAT stuff. since you used these books , does that mean that the verbal content on the lsat and the gmat are alike ??? if so one can use LSAT prep material to prepare for the GMAT as well. i'm having hard times finding the 2 specified books that you mentioned would you be able to provide me with the ISBN number for them. thanx i would really appreciate it.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi kayser, I happened to have the book not too far... The ISBN# is 0-7689-0884-1 and there are 5 other digits which I'm not sure is part of the ISBN# but they are 52495

LSAT problems from the Peterson's book are, IMO, too abstract. Arco problems are more similar to the GMAT style probably because they are also having a good quality GMAT prep material. Agree that Peterson's also has GMAT material but from a previous post, I mentioned that their GMAT CR and RC are just plain awful.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanx for the quick response paul, i'll probably check the book out tomorrow on ebay or amazon and get it. btw are you selling yours??? if you are and are looking for a buyer private message me and we can arrange smth.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]