Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks guys! I was very happy myself. Couldn't wait to come back here and tell you guys. I only did two PP tests, didn't have time to do the others. I did my first PP test prior to my studying of the OG, and got 730. The second test I only got 710, with 7 wrong answers for reading comprehension. That was a good caution for me for I have been very confident about my RC ability and didn't even prepare for it. It made me more conscious of the level of concentration that is needed for the test.

Overall, I felt that the SC part of the test is about the same level of the OG, if not a little harder. I haven't done OG RC myself, but my feeling is that out of the four RC questions (I think) I got in the real test, the first two are fairly straight forward, and the last two are longer and harder to understand; whereas in the two PP tests all RCs except one are not very hard.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1498 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am glad to hear this good news, HongHu. I know you can do good. I still have to prepare to retake the GMAT. I hope I will do better. If not, I just have to wait until next year.

Anyway, you had a nice blog!!

Again, CONGRAT!!!! :-D :-D

Originally posted by qhoc0010 on 15 Feb 2005, 17:43.
Last edited by qhoc0010 on 15 Feb 2005, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
cheeeeeeeeeze [#permalink]
I came this morning at work and the first thing I was thinking is... How much did that mate scored... I have been to the forum and Gmat experience only to check it out your score as I was pretty sure that you ll rocket it.
congrat mate, so happy for you.
I wish to reach a good score as well though I doubt about it.

:?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
The first thing when I came home was to see "Gmat Experiences" for your score..............I had it on my mind.....
Congratulations.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D
Awesome score HongHu, you have done it.......
You have done a great job. If you can score that good with a job and kids, I get inspiration to work harder................

You are not only intelliegent but also diligent..
All the best with your apping....

Don't forget to share more with us.....
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
[#permalink]
780....you're the man :!: We sould call you "teacher" from now on.
Congrats for this amazing score and even more for all your nice explanations during this time. 780 is incredible...I am not sure but I think it's the highest score we've ever got here, maybe Paul or others can confirm it ?

Anyway, all my best wishes for your future applications... :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 285 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats!!!!

780 is really wonderful..... I knew you could do it from looking at your posts. Gosh you are great.....

Congrats once again and all the best with your apps..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
HongHu
wow that is amazing. Congrats.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 448 [0]
Send PM
Re: 780. math 51 verbal 47 [#permalink]
HongHu wrote:
I got 780, believe it or not. :-D

I BELIEVE YOU AND YOUR SCORE BECAUSE YOU HAVE SHOWN ALL POSSIBILITIES TO ACE GMAT WITH THAT SCORE. YOU POSTED ALMOST 1K POSTINGS IN JUST LESS THAN 1.5 MONTHS. THATS AMAZING AND MORE THAN THAT YOUR SCORE. GR8 BODY.

COULD YOU PLS TELL ABOUT THE REAL TEST QUESTIONS? I MEAN THE DIFFICULTY LEVEL IN COMPARISION WITH THE QUESTIONS WE DISCUSSED IN THIS CLUB.

CONGRATULATIONS HOUNG.....

GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR PHD ADDMISSION (UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER?) AND PLS DO KEEP INFORM THE GMAT CLUB MEMBERS.

MA

Originally posted by MA on 15 Feb 2005, 18:43.
Last edited by MA on 15 Feb 2005, 22:37, edited 3 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
JEEZ HongHu you're the MAN! You almost got an 800! Dude you ROCK!!!! You just wrote yourself a ticket to pretty much any business school!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Honghu, I was sure that you would have reached 700+ but 780 :!: ... Even better :woohoo :wave :king . I heartily congratulate you and thanks for being such a help to other members. You deserve every point and I'm sure that with your kind of attitude, you can get in anywhere.
I happened to read a few of the verses on your webpage and not only are you a quant jock but also a formidable poet! No wonder why you were so good at RC :wink:
All said, congratulation once again and stick around, we need people like you around!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 468 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great score Hong Hu!! You should apply for Mensa membership :-D
Goodluck with your MBA applications!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1472 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hong Hu you da man!

I was wondering how you had done in the GMAT today and just checked to find out that you cracked it, nailed it, and slayed it all at once!

Your hard work and dedication showed in the volume of your posts and your quest for learning showed in your efforts to not just solve the problems but to thoroughly understand them.

Thanks buddy for all of your posts and all the discussions we have had. Your score definitely will inspire and motivate a lot of us.
Keeping coming here and keep posting whenever you can. Pass on any techniques you have learnt to beat the GMAT.

Best wishes for your PHD.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Phenomenal Stuff, Hong Hu!!!.
Your focus and approach to GMAT is truly awe-inspiring. I have seen you post a whopping 200 odd posts a week consistently and retain much of the information as well as apply your know-how in context. I am sure your effort is going to motivate a lot of others on the club to do well as well...
Best Wishes.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks everybody! I'm overwelmed by all your congratulations. :) GMAT is only a very small part of life. I only hope that the real life is as easy as a test. I've been the main bread earner of the family until now. Only by the end of December I learnd that hubby may get an offer to work at UR, so can replace me as the main source of family finance. This gave me a chance to go back school again. (And I'm so happy that UR is a rather good school.)

I know that a high GMAT score is not a ticket to enter any good program yet. I still have lots to do before UR's deadline. I also realize that I have many disadvantages over most of you. For example, I'm perhaps older than everyone of you. But hey, I've got a young heart, and a young mind. I've got a chance, I want to prove that I can catch it. Even if I fail, I've tried hard, and I've learned a lot, and I've gained many things that are more than the experience itself.

Anyways, what I want to say to you all is, trust in yourself. Don't worry if you'll fail, don't worry if you'll put in too much without any return. Life is a collection of each and every day, everything you put in, you'll get it one way or the other. qhoc, don't feel discouraged by your first attempt. From your post in the forum, I know you can do it. What I have over you guys, perhaps is a more mature state of mind. Success and failure would not change me. When you get over that nervousness and anxciousness, you'll find that you can reach a new level and show all your potential. So work hard guys, and believe in yourself. If I can do it, you can do it too! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1498 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
HongHu, I really admire you. I did not realize you are a female until I looked at your web site. I hope I didn't call you "dude" any time before!! :oops:

Honestly, this is my first time that I ever took some test like this in my life. I have not even taken the SAT before. I don't know how old you are, HongHu but I am still very young and so I have time. I plan to retake the GMAT just because it kinda pi$$ me off a little :x . Would you like to tell us a little bit more about you?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
wow...780!!! Congratulations!!! Good luck with your applications.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Awesome job Honghu....780 is really incredible.

All the very best for your apps to phd.

Please could you let us know the difficulty level of math questions. Was it tougher/easier than the challenges/board here. Probability? Combination? How were the DS questions. Details appreciated. it would help us all.

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts