Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 06:15 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [29]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [2]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [2]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
hi praet , thanx for the pointers, i've been waiting to hit a 100 and i did it yesterday i will be starting an error log probably tomorrow since i am too sleepy to do it now ; ]]] i've been spending about 2-3 hrs every day [yes i am addicted to it and have refered the forum to all of my friends looking to take the GMAT] on this forum and my CR and SC, as well as quant have significantly improved. this forum has been a saviour and the best prep tool you cannot read in any book. GMATclub.com is by far the greatest collection of great minds and smart people i have ever encountered. thanx for all the help and all you guys do for all of us taking/retaking the exam and working on apps.

:)
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kayser`soze wrote:
hi praet , thanx for the pointers, i've been waiting to hit a 100 and i did it yesterday i will be starting an error log probably tomorrow since i am too sleepy to do it now ; ]]] i've been spending about 2-3 hrs every day [yes i am addicted to it and have refered the forum to all of my friends looking to take the GMAT] on this forum and my CR and SC, as well as quant have significantly improved. this forum has been a saviour and the best prep tool you cannot read in any book. GMATclub.com is by far the greatest collection of great minds and smart people i have ever encountered. thanx for all the help and all you guys do for all of us taking/retaking the exam and working on apps.
:)

Hello Kayser

You are welcome :-)

In my opinion, mutual respect for each other is the heart of this club and all of the credit goes to the members for making the Club a good place. Most people respect a sincere contribution. If we share our knowledge, someone somewhere will RESPECT our contribution enough to share their knowledge with us.

Thanks
Praetorian
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hi praet,

speaking of contribution, i am going to make mine before xmas. it may not be much, but as long as it helps maintain, improve and expand the community we're trying to build and establish. i will know it's for a good cause.

kayser
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
verbal kent - keaton used to say, i don't believe in god , but i am afraid of him. well, i do believe in god, and the only thing that scares me is kayser soze.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
Hi all, I just discovered this forum while googling. My test is in a week and I haven't had much study time in the past few months because engineering school takes all my time. I am going to use the "Study Plan" which should be a huge help in my final week, but I dont have a very good error log and I am trying to make it better. Except for sentence correction I dont know how to subdivide my errors in the other sections, CR, RC, PS & DS. Any advice? If anyone has an error log I could use I would be so thankful. Thanks in advance ..... This forum seems to be a great resource, I just wish I would have found it earlier :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
Any updates on the error log?

The other one on the forum is using python, and I am using a Mac (READ: Incompatible).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Send PM
Agree [#permalink]
Kudos
I agree with the comments of Protean. Error logs will be very helpful as they will help in improving your specific weakness and only you, I emphasize only you, can bring it out. I have just started making a note for self and I find it quite helpful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
see this thread [#permalink]
Kudos
Example of error log with attachment

Check the thread with the title above. You will find an example.

Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 289 [0]
Send PM
Thanks for the error logs [#permalink]
Thanks for the error logs. It is surely helpful
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks for the error log. it's very useful
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Re: All about the Error Log [#permalink]
Thanks , this excel is surely going to help
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
This is extremely useful advice. I wish I stumbled upon this earlier. In fact, I wish I stumbled upon this site earlier. I think having this error log will be a step in the right direction for improving my score from mid-600 to 700+. Thanks for this. -danswer
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1415 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Kudos
danswer wrote:
This is extremely useful advice. I wish I stumbled upon this earlier. In fact, I wish I stumbled upon this site earlier. I think having this error log will be a step in the right direction for improving my score from mid-600 to 700+. Thanks for this. -danswer

The amazing thing is that Praetorian wrote this article in 2004 just when the forum started. I can only imagine the number of people it helped. :-D

I'm sure you'll find a lot of useful information at GMAT Club. Good luck achieving your goal score!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I have started to use an error log..I did not the first time around. However, in retrospect it would have definitely helped if I had a concise list of Qs that were giving me issues. It is a pain in the ... for me, but I know the effort will pay off.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3047 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
Wonderful Idea!!!

As this is my initial phase of preparation, this will definitely help me in combating errors. Thanks for the post and +1 :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools:NUS, NTU, SMU, AGSM, Melbourne School of Business
 Q39  V28
Send PM
Thanks for putting together all of this.

@timetrader : the post is from 2004 and it post still helps.. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools: Sloan '14 (S)
Send PM
I've been stuck at around 650-700 for a little while now and I am hoping to bump up to a 750. One of the biggest changes I am making is to starting keeping an error log like you recommended. So thanks!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72899 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
h2polo wrote:
I've been stuck at around 650-700 for a little while now and I am hoping to bump up to a 750. One of the biggest changes I am making is to starting keeping an error log like you recommended. So thanks!

Welcome to GMAT Club h2polo.

Make sure you go through this thread too: gmat-study-plan-go-from-650-to-80235.html
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3