Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 580 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 987 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am sorry that you didn't hit the perfect score this time. But, hey, you got a perfect quant score. Just hold on to that and work towards your (read: GMAT) verbal skills. I presume that RC and CR were the killer. Thus, I will give advise on these 2 only.
For RC, I recommend, PR GMAT review. This book has good strategy on how to tackle and maintain the reading skills. I believe, every book provides the same strategy, but in different ways. You need to give one the foremost inportance and work with it.
Remember, when you are solving a question, just make your mind that you need to get it right. Forget about what was before it and what's gonna come after. YOU NEED TO GET THIS ONE RIGHT :) -- this is an advice from one of my friend (sure, he killed the beast).

For CR, I guess, GMAT Club is the best to practice and develop a strategy. Read the question first; keep it in mind while reading; read it again; think what could be the possible solution (without looking at the answer choices) -- just for 3-4 secs; hit the choices.

It's no Olympic, but, yeah, preparation before that. And that is rigorous :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 728 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think what you have to do is just give another shot. May be it was not your day. Did you burn out by the way? Prep will help but do not over do it. Go with confidence and nail it.

You said that you were unable to figure out which one of the three choices. I think if you keep cool and take care of the anxiety factor and say make 5-7 questions more correct, it will have a significant impact on the score.

Luck

--Bhai
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
gmat [#permalink]
gmataquaguy,
Sorry on your score, but remember that GMAT is not like Olympics- you always get another chance and you don't have to wait for another 4 long years. Just remember that you should NOT repeat the mistakes that you know you did this time around!

In my opinion, one is one's own teacher-no one else has to tell him/her what he/she needs to do!!! Just sit back, relax and ponder over your prior preparation and see how you can improve on it to get a better upshot.

Good Luck, hopefully you will crack it this time!!!

longhorn2020
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 580 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul wrote:
According to your SC and CR results, I'm sure there is room for improvement. I can see that you did a lot of problems from 885SC and GMAT+ but did you go over the explanations and understand your mistakes so as not to repeat the same mistakes again? I actually found 885SC very useful to test you on SC concepts. CR are very useful to improve your analytical reading which at the same time can help your RC skills. As your math skills are already strong, I would suggest you to relentlessly train your verbal skills.

Paul

Can someone elaborate on what method they use to prevent repeating mistakes on your CR? I just dont know how to avoid making repetitive mistakes...For example what do you guys do when you miss a question. I figure out why i made the mistake (e.g: unwarranted assumption, missed the author's train of thought as applied to the argument, misunderstood the stimilus, etc, etc) and then try avoiding the mistake. However i dont see to be making any progress. i mean i'm stuck at 65-70 % accuracy. Honestly i could do another 100 problems and get about 70 right and not know why i am missing the other 30. Can someone tell me how i can better understand my weakness? Any help is greatly appreciated.....
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37306 posts