Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 09:31 It is currently 04 May 2024, 09:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Concentration: Organization and Management
Schools:Emory class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm not sure if many of the CAT's actually breakdown how you scored in each section, but you can review each question, marking down which ones you got right and wrong by each category yourself. That's what I did on the GMAT Prep CAT's.

I also did one of the GMAT Prep's 2 months prior to my test. Then, I retook it one week before the test and got 6 repeat questions. I had done it so long ago, I didn't really remember the answers so had to solve them just as I would have any other problem. The score was very close to my actual GMAT. I think that after 3 months, you should atleast try one of them again and see how you do.

I know I went through after taking the GMAT Prep the first time without studying and made a breakdown of what I missed. I had only missed one or two CR and RC and missed a lot of SC. So, that's where I concentrated my prep. I think spending the time to review what you've missed and marking it down by each question type will really help.

Just for reference sake, I scored a 640 when I first took GMAT Prep Test 1. When I did the retake after 2 months, I scored a 740. Then a 740 on GMAT Prep Test 2, then 760 on the actual GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Bad day! 650 on GMAT Prep1 [#permalink]
Hi All,
I just finished GMAT prep 1 and got a tiny 650 (Q45, V35). It is my lowest score for the last 2 months. I made some great silly mistakes in Q and a blow off to many SC questions in Verbal. The first question in Q was wrong! It was so simple that I won’t post it here.
In both parts, I was running late on timing. I noticed that this have always a bad influence on my score. When I know that I am late, my ratio of wrong answers increases.
My range is now 650-710. Does anyone know how to stabilise the score?
Do you have any method to increase focus and tackle easy/silly questions?
Thanks,
Current Student
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
If you know that your main problem in Quant is silly mistakes on the early problems, but you do well on the medium and hard problems because you focus more, I'd suggest just doing the easy problems from OG and concentrate on making no mistakes. If you do a set of 37 easy questions, conentrate enough that you don't miss any, or maybe one or two. Its a good way to get used to easy problems that you are trying to be fast on, without making mistakes.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Math GMAT Prep1 [#permalink]
Hi!

I just followed your advise. I did 80 PS and 30 DS from OG and I got 4 errors only. Then, I took again GMAT Prep1 Math section (scored randomly for Verbal). I got only 4 or 5 questions from last time and I took 2 min to do them.
The score is 49! (4 points increase moving my total score to 690)

Thanks for all!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1107 [0]
Schools:Cornell
Send PM
[#permalink]
Excellent! Keep up with it, and try to bring it to 50 or 51, and keep it consistent!

Wish you all the best!

I've just tried mine too, GMATPrep, Q50 (V random).
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]