Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 03:59 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72896 [55]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72896 [2]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Welcome to GMAT Club - Start Here! [#permalink]
Heyy, I’m just starting for GMAT prep, would love to interact with people who are on the same level or have done and learnt, as your guidance will help soo much!

Posted from my mobile device
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 1419 [2]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
shivhare.ayushi wrote:
Hi everyone,
I'm new here and have a question - I just took the GMAT Focus exam and scored 705 and I was wondering which schools I can apply to for Round 3 application for the US. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you.

­705 should be good for any school in Round 3 of this application cycle.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Your essay was excellent, with thought-provoking insights and well-articulated arguments. Your writing style was engaging, and you made complex ideas accessible. However, I still want to recommend you MyEssayWriter.ai, an AI essay writer, to enhance your writing process further. It can refine ideas, improve writing mechanics, and suggest sources to strengthen arguments. Given the quality of your essay, I believe you'd find it valuable for academic or professional endeavors.­
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I am new here, and thank you for this extremely useful resource! :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm new here. Thank you for the guidance. It's very helpful for me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am new here. I am aiming to do the focus edition in summer 2024. Does anyone has some useful links or resources regarding the preperation as i dont have an understanding of how to tackle this the best way.

Thank you very much.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72896 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Bilal007!! wrote:
I am new here. I am aiming to do the focus edition in summer 2024. Does anyone has some useful links or resources regarding the preperation as i dont have an understanding of how to tackle this the best way.

Thank you very much.

Hi happy to help. You mean resources in addition to what’s included in the very first post of the topic or instead or you feel there is something missing?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey thanks for the quick response. As i have to take the focus edition test which is different i thought there will be some other books instead of these you already mentioned. Or is is possible to prepare with the books you recommended also for the focus edition?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Welcome to GMAT Club - Start Here! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Bilal007!! wrote:
Hey thanks for the quick response. As i have to take the focus edition test which is different i thought there will be some other books instead of these you already mentioned. Or is is possible to prepare with the books you recommended also for the focus edition?

If you are looking to use books, the only printed book available for GMAT focus is the official guide that came out last year. And that is only a question collection so it’s not going to really teach you any great skills besides what you can mustard on your own.

There are new books coming in a few months from Manhattan and Kaplan. The reason new books didn’t come out, is because the changes to the test we kept secret until the last moment and test prep industry did not have a chance to react before the test was announced. What a stupid move. The second reason is that announced that no new material would be added to the test. They would only remove sentence correction and geometry so technically you can use book from 10 years ago and just skip geometry and sentence correction.

However, there have been some small additions to the test questions and their format such as the logic based data sufficiency questions but those are not included in the official guide and have only been released in the last few months in the online question bank of the official guide that you get access to after buying the book.

So this topic should be the latest information available despite with marketing may try to lead you to believe. 😇

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you very much !!! So do you think it would be a good approach to just learn like for the normal Gmat and to just include the official guide for the focus edition with the online questions? Or would it make more sense to wait until new resources for the focus edition comes out?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Bilal007!! wrote:
Thank you very much !!! So do you think it would be a good approach to just learn like for the normal Gmat and to just include the official guide for the focus edition with the online questions? Or would it make more sense to wait until new resources for the focus edition comes out?

Well, that is kind of what everyone else has done who was taking GMAT focus - the mass in the problem-solving section and the critical reasoning and the reading comprehension app exactly the same. That’s a big chunk of the test so you can definitely start there. Using one, five or 10-year-old books. Once the new Manhattan additions come out in April or May or June, you can use those two but for now that I just know other options and I don’t recommend waiting. There’s going to be hardly value in waiting.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sounds about right and i think thats the way i will do it too then as you already mentioned there is no real added value in waiting. lastly i would like to ask you if you think it would make (more) sense to learn just with the TTP online prep? Normally i am a book learner but i would give it a try if necessary...
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Bilal007!! wrote:
Sounds about right and i think thats the way i will do it too then as you already mentioned there is no real added value in waiting. lastly i would like to ask you if you think it would make (more) sense to learn just with the TTP online prep? Normally i am a book learner but i would give it a try if necessary...

I think they run quite a few trials and give you an opportunity to take it. definitely a very strong platform, you just have to see if it works well for you since you are a book person. (I am more of a book person as well. One trick I found is two study either on a different computer or in a different place so you don’t fall into the trap of getting a notification or checking email and so on)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
­Hi,

i Just completed Level 3 of the CFA program and now im looking to get an elite GMAT score please message me if you would like to connect. i am extremly serious about prep. 

thanks
DJ
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72896 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Dbrunik wrote:
­Hi,

i Just completed Level 3 of the CFA program and now im looking to get an elite GMAT score please message me if you would like to connect. i am extremly serious about prep. 

thanks
DJ

Welcome! CFA level 3 is an extremely arduous and complex exam. This is an amazing achievement. Congratulations!

We have had quite a few CFA candidates studying for the GMAT and I have noticed one particular aspect where they struggled with GMAT so perhaps this will help you out by preempting it. Feel free to ignore 😂

I think this is because CFA is a much harder test and takes a lot longer to prepare. For the GMAT, you really want to get it over with in about 3 to 4 months. You do not want to spend the year or even six months because a lot of the success on the GMAT is based on little nuance things that are very hard to keep in your mind. It’s not so much a progression of learning material but instead it’s a lot of desperate little things that you have to keep in mind. You also have to be very diligent about your time management. You get very short amount of time per question And it’s very easy to have a disastrous outcome even with good knowledge if you don’t manage the time well.

Also, take the GMAT seriously because it’s just a different type of a test. I have seen both Mensa and CFA candidates getting stumped and it’s not because they were not good but because it’s a different test.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
­thanks for the tip. do you think if i cant score 99 percentile in 4 months i should keep going or is it based on intelligence?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Dbrunik wrote:
­thanks for the tip. do you think if i cant score 99 percentile in 4 months i should keep going or is it based on intelligence?

­

It is knowledge + hard work + self awareness + intelligence. You can compensate for one or the other. You don't have to be a genius if you are willing to work hard and have some starting knowledge but you can totally go from zero to hero with dedication and nothing else. It does not mean you have to go nuts wiht the books - you have to have self-awareness and adjust and adapt. Ultimately 99th percentile requires that you outdo everyone else and this requires changing a lot about yourself and going where others are not willing to go. As an example, 99th percentile would require you restructure your day completely and focus on the GMAT in the morning and work in the afternoon. You would have to be possessed with the GMAT and cherish all of your mistakes. You need to make notes about every single lesson and thing you have learned and do daily quizzes so you can gauge your performance. You have to review daily what you studied yesterday, and you have to see GMAT as an opportunity and not a dreaded task which you guilt yourself into. You have to mentally beat 99% of all others. It is not easy because the study materials are pretty much the same for everyone. So it is all about YOU
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2