Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 12:03 It is currently 01 May 2024, 12:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 932 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
wow way to go dude, awesome score , i myself had this nightmare about getting lost on the way to the test center a few nights ago. hope it doesnt come true on D-DAy, good luck with the apps thanks for the good advice :beer

cheers

kayser
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
:woohoo

You nailed it!!! Awesome score!!! Good luck with your apps!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 375 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Fantastic score ! :band
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1540 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Bravo coffeelover! Wish you all the best with your applications and you do have a great profile, which I happened to have read in the past. The sky is the limit! Bonne chance.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
[#permalink]
amazing....simply great!

good luck....please elaborate more on the quant prep and the question levels...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thats an Awesome Score !!!.....
Congrats and all da best 4 your applications...

yeah...Cud you Elaborate the Quant part of the test ..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey, thanks so much for the congrats, everyone.

I've already gone to celebrate by splurging on chocolate (my addiction). I woke up this morning with a momentary panic, thinking it had all been a dream and I hadn't written the test yet. After getting over that, I was once again happy it was done.

Anyway, thanks again for the nice wishes from everyone. I can't tell you how much it helped to have so many of you cheering me on. Very motivating.

Quote:
please elaborate more on the quant prep and the question levels...

Aside from basic review and practice questions (mostly Kaplan), I spent extra time reviewing the following areas, where I felt I was weak:

1) Combinations and probability
2) Geometry
3) Exponents
4) Basic arithmetic without a calculator - I knew this, if anything, would be my biggest downfall because I'm slow and have a tendency to make mistakes.

The quant section started off with a few fairly easy questions. By the seventh question I still had 65 minutes left, and I was encouraged by the fact that all of them so far had been ones I knew.

I got a combination problem fairly early on - something about a committee with a certain number of men and women. Luckily I remembered the nCr formula and it took me only about 30 seconds to get the answer. I was encouraged, though, because I know that the combinations problems are considered to have the highest difficulty level on the GMAT, so it meant I was hitting the tough question wall early on.

About 9 or 10 questions in, I got a geometry problem with a right-angle triangle that seemed easy, in theory, but I couldn't seem to get the numbers to work. I calculated it out once, twice, three times... I kept getting nowhere. Finally I guessed and moved on, because it was taking too long.

Most of the rest was actually really smooth sailing. There were next to no questions on exponents (actually I can't remember any). I'd spent a lot of time studying those, but it turned out I didn't need them. There were quite a few problems on number properties, but they were pretty obvious. I had about 3 problems with data interpretation, percent gains and losses, things like that. A probability one that involved drawing items without replacement, but the numbers were simple. Oh, and one question about the graph of a quadratic equation. It's helpful to know what quadratic equations look like when graphed (i.e. direction of the parabola and intercepts).

All in all, the math was nowhere near as tough as the practice problems on Kaplan or GMATPrep. The level was much more like PowerPrep's questions. I think studying the tougher material helped me, because I was expecting much harder questions than I actually got.

The biggest challenge was hitting "confirm" after each answer. Unlike on the practice tests, I felt the pressure when confirming each answer because it was the real thing and not just an exercise. At first, I was second-guessing myself too much, even when I knew the answer was correct. But after a few questions, I got more confident and I started to view it as just another practice test.

It's hard for me to give advice to anyone still studying, because everyone is different and everyone has different areas of strength and different methodologies. But in general, I would recommend practicing as much as possible with the tougher math material, because in comparison, the actual GMAT seems easier.

Once again, thanks for all the help everyone.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
macca wrote:
What schools are you looking for?

Edit: This post probably doesn't belong in this forum. Sorry about that. The short answer is probably Kellogg, Schulich, possibly Yale, maybe McGill, maybe Berkeley, and maybe even HEC Paris. Not sure yet. Probably not applying till next year.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1540 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=99

Hi coffee, if you would like to become an ambassador once you made it to any of those schools, let me know. The above is the link to read a bit more about that new forum I just created. We need inspiring and dedicated people like you around :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks, Paul. Like I said, I'm not planning on applying just yet... but if and when I get admitted someplace, I'll be sure to let you guys know, and report back.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2399 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi CFL,

I just wanted to congratulate you on your great score. You deserve it for sure. Your explanations were always helpful to me and I'm sure to many others, so thanks a million. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations...

770 without OG?.....man....I envy you! ;)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
vivek123 wrote:
Congratulations...

770 without OG?.....man....I envy you! ;)

Hey, I'm not recommending it. I'm just cheap and lazy. *Grin*. It worked out but I don't necessarily advise following in my footsteps...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Unreal! Way to go!

congratulations - enjoy the chocolate!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Icing on the cake: [#permalink]
Score report came in today. To add icing to the cake: 6.0 on the AWA! :-D

I figured I'd get a low score on the AWA because I ran out of time on the first essay and got cut off partway through my conclusion. I'm still perplexed as to how they ignored that when scoring the essays. But hey, I ain't complaining!
GMAT Club Bot
Icing on the cake: [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37340 posts