Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 19:35 It is currently 02 May 2024, 19:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey fluffy,
Congrats! You are facing the exact dilemna tha has stopped me from applying to Rotman so far. $2500!!! I was hoping that it was only going to be $1000-1500. How long did they give you to decide? Which way are you leaning?
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats fluffydot!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Very good news :D :)... Congratulations :)

fluffydot wrote:
Looks like your wood worked for me!

Yes ;).... He he he he.... If it could send positive energy ;) after all :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks all.

Originally, I was prepared to put down $1500 if it really came down to it. But $2500 is a lot more money, so I am hoping to stall for as long as I can. Atleast until I can hear from any one of my US schools.

Interestingly, the email did not specify a deadline for deposit. The adcom that interviewed me indicated a limit of 1 month. Hopefully this is negotiable if I can convince them that I will have a hard time coming up with the money and need an extension.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
One month seems pretty standard. Tough call. In the grand scheme of things, it is 2% of the money that you'll pay for an elite MBA should you lose it. That's what I keep struggling with anyway.
Does anyone know how tough R3 is at Rotman? Is it like the elite school's R3? I know that some of the schools in Canada accept all qualified candidates and find room for them if they get more than expected. Wondering if that's not true of Rotman and Ivey.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
fluffydot wrote:
Thanks Fig!

Looks like your wood worked for me! i just received the admit email today! Feels great! "Wow-Wow-Wee-Wow!"

This is a great relieve for me. But on the other hand, they are asking for a $2500 deposit and most likely due before I can hear from my US schools :( bummer..

Hey Thatz a great news. Congrats on your admit. :musband
Hope you will get more good news before your deadline ro Rotman approaches.

bdw which one is your dream school?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks. My #1 dream team school is probably Chicago GSB.
I'd love to go there and hang out with Rhyme for 2 years...

It's a bit of a stretch so I would be equally glad to get into NYU or Cornell. The most likely school to get back to me next is NYU, I made the Dec 01 deadline and they are suppose to notify everyone by Feb 15.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm looking into schools in Canada in general because I've always wanted to go to school in canada. Is this the best Canadian bschool?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm not sure if there is a clear number 1 but Rotman is up there in the top two or three. Plus, if you are from outside of Canada then you get the experience of living in Toronto for a couple of years. Personally, I have Ivey slightly ahead of Rotman.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
fluffydot wrote:
Thanks. My #1 dream team school is probably Chicago GSB.
I'd love to go there and hang out with Rhyme for 2 years...

It's a bit of a stretch so I would be equally glad to get into NYU or Cornell. The most likely school to get back to me next is NYU, I made the Dec 01 deadline and they are suppose to notify everyone by Feb 15.

Thatz a cool list of schools Fluffy. Wish you all the best for them.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey peeps, how are apps going?

Is anybody else thinking of going to Rotman? My deposit deadline is approaching - Feb 15! It really looks like I might have to pay or pass it up...

I have an interview with Cornell on monday (feb 5th), but I doubt they would get me a decision by the 15th.. what should I do?

:?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
i am hoping to apply for Rotman by end of this month. is it a very close call?
Do you ahve any idea re reapplication. Will it hurt my case for next fall if i dont get it now.

Please inform. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
From there website:

Applications to the Two-Year MBA Program are accepted beginning in September of each year. Admissions decisions are made on a continuous basis throughout the year upon completion of a candidate's application file. The final deadline date in the annual application cycle is April 30th.

Seeing as R2 just ended on Feb 01, I doubt they have filled the class yet. Normally people advise against applying in R3, but it depends on your profile. I don't think Rotman is anywhere as competitive as top 20 us schools. So you should keep that in mind.

It also depends whether you have applied to other schools yet? or whether you mind waiting another year? It might be better to make a stronger app next year, and apply to more schools also.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
fluffydot. thanks for replying.
I am late anyway and i am taking a chance. Do you think that if I apply agian for fall 2008, it will be a negative on my application that I was denied admission for Fall 2007.
please reply.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think it totally depends on your application. If you are dinged purely because all spots are filled, then might even give you a deferred admittance. Don't rush a app in just to apply this year. But I think you should have a reasonable chance if you apply within the next 2 weeks.

The best thing you can do is call the admissions office and ask them directly.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
6 Days left.... should I pay??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for your reply. If I were you I would pay. What if your don't get admit in the other school. you are only going to loose 2500. your call anyway. Take it and dump it.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2