Last visit was: 30 Apr 2024, 11:29 It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 11:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all USC Marshall IBEAR 1 Year MBA Applicants: 2023 intake [#permalink]
I think decision date is May 1st based on their website
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Calling all USC Marshall IBEAR 1 Year MBA Applicants: 2023 intake [#permalink]
user0327 wrote:
Pinurba wrote:
user0327 wrote:
please does anyone know how much the deposit is?

Around 4,500 USD cmiiw

­
Thank you !

That's a lot of money; I thought it was about $2,000.

­Sometimes it's better to lose the deposit, reconsider the decision, and prepare for a normal program, than to spend $200,000 and get a job offer for $80,000 a year. Ask the alumni you know about how well they are doing and what kind of support the school provided - the whole thesis about career support is simply a fake; in reality, the school just milks you for money by selling the illusion of an amazing life and huge opportunities that await you. In fact, the program is in deep crisis and accepting an offer in the hope that everything will be fine is overly unhealthy optimism. The program didn’t help me at all and all my attempts to somehow change the situation ended in great disappointment. Looking back, I would not have made this decision; my nerves, my mental health, my savings would have been much more intact. Choosing this specific program was the biggest mistake I have made, and it is possible that even in 5-10 years, I will not be able to recover all the investments and the damage I incurred.

:heart­
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys! Just got my admit. Is there a group for admits?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Calling all USC Marshall IBEAR 1 Year MBA Applicants: 2023 intake [#permalink]
Congratulations to all admitted students! 

I just stumbled upon this thread and. If you think you're a top student who can handle anything, welcome to the IBEAR grad experience. The challenges don’t just magically disappear when you graduate. I graduated last year, and if I started listing all the unfulfilled promises, the expectations that were dashed, or the excitement the school deliberately created until we received our diplomas... it all just crumbled into pieces. I had a whole year to mull over the trap I fell into. The situation hasn't gotten any better, and from what I’ve heard from current students, the problems are still there, which really sucks.

It's tough, really. Everyone tends to think they're stronger than they are, but let me tell you, the American market is a whole lot tougher than it looks, especially when times are tough. Landing a full-time gig is a nightmare without an internship, especially for international students.

About the whole brand recognition thing? Someone pointed out how IBEAR is pretty much invisible. The school has been slacking in this area for the last ten years, which just shows they don't really give a hoot. It’s super disappointing to see all these gaps in the program, and no one seems to care—as long as everyone’s coughing up the same tuition as the two-year students (double payment, which is honestly just laughable).

I know a bunch of brilliant people who had to ditch their dreams and head back home or, get this, drive an Uber after getting an MBA from what’s supposed to be a top school. So, good luck to anyone who got caught up in this, and if you’re thinking about taking the plunge, think twice. Los Angeles is no place to make costly mistakes, and trust me, paying off debt without a job is next to impossible. Even if you do graduate and start working at 35 alongside 25-year-old Americans making 80, 100, or even 150K a year, it’s going to be rough.­
GMAT Club Bot
Calling all USC Marshall IBEAR 1 Year MBA Applicants: 2023 intake [#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7