Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 06:28 It is currently 02 May 2024, 06:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Yale '19 (A)
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink]
Is higher price indicates better service? Would you choose $400 Application services over $4000 full school package with confidence? You would hesitate - Right? I did the same mistake. I have chosen full school package priced at $4,000 offered by a premier consultancy over best service offered at modest price. I regret my choice of going with this premier consultancy and buying it's full school package priced at $4,000 and still failing to secure my safest B-School (3rd choice) on my list.

Later, I approached to GyanOne Services, India who charged me $400 (After discounts) for application review. I worked with Rishabh, GyaneOne's Consultant, who was truly interested in my profile and he believed in my chances and made things happen. With this consultancy I have made it to my top choice of B-School.

Here is how it happened all....

Unsure of quality, service, and expertise from Consultancy services based in India (especially influenced by the unsubstantiated comments by other candidates on blogs), I have bought Full School Package worth $4,000.00 from a consultancy based in US expecting that I'll secure my place into my safest B-School first before applying to my top choices (This is also because of Application deadlines for 2016-17 cycle). However, The whole engagement with this pricy consultancy was total disaster and consultant I was working with was lacklustre in working with me and was working just for the sake of completing my application somehow. It was very frustrating for me as well. I wanted to give my best shot irrespective of outcome but I was feeling that my application wasn't strong enough to that end.

In order to assess my candidacy beforehand, I have submitted my profile to School's Associate Director for Admissions and met MBA Recruitment Officer before submitting the application formally. I have received very positive feedback from both, Associate Director (He called me personally) and MBA Recruitment office, regarding my potential for the school's program. However, When I have submitted application ( With the feeling that I was missing something but my consultant was repeatedly told me that everything was perfect and nothing to worry) I got dinged -:( That was devasting moment.

I was less frustrated because of rejection than frustrated because of my consultant's lacklustre attitude and approach which costed me more than $4000. Good thing was this school was my third choice and I've learnt hard lessons from this application process.

Later, I have approached GyanOne Services whose fees is just $400.00 i.e. 10% for application (Excluding Interview prep and other additional services) of what I have paid earlier. The service I have received was truly outstanding - Much better than I have received at the cost of $4000.00. With this service I've made it to my top choice of B-School (Best B-School in Europe).

My point here is when you chose consultancy service, Do not assume anything and choose consultant best suited for your needs. Do not hold any biased views towards any particular region's consultancies rather have fact based reason's for your decisions after all it is such a costly decision.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink]
Any good consultants in India?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Price Comparison of MBA Consultants and Links to their Sites [#permalink]
I truly believe the MBA Admission consulting pricing is completely ridiculous. There is value in their services, but is not necessarily worth $4k. During my MBA I helped plenty of classmates polish their resume, craft cover letters, and prep for interviews. If you are concern about budget, I would advice to seek out current students and candidly ask them for help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi farful, I just checked the excel you shared. I am shocked how much these admission consultant are charging! I wonder how mba aspirants are able to afford them!

As an MBA grad myself (accepted to 9/10 schools, full scholarship!), I understand the power of personalized storytelling. I'll guide you to craft unique essays that use powerful anecdotes to showcase your strengths and goals. I don't believe that generic cookie-cutter essays work anymore.
I have a full-time job (which I adore!), so I will only take on a few clients at a time. If you are serious about your applications and ready for the grind, let's chat!
Feel free to email me at jprati333@gmail.com and let's discuss how I can help you create a stand-out MBA application!­
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2