Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:47 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
 Q49  V44
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Willingness to buy me a beer.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Concentration: Organization and Management
Schools:Emory class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
To help with this, I would go with what schools possibly advertise. Emory is usually highly ranked in "Leadership". You should go to their website and check out their core values for their program. A quick list:
Courage, Integrity, Accountability, Rigor, Diversity, Team, and Community.

https://www.goizueta.emory.edu/degree/fu ... alues.html

This link will give you descriptions. I don't know if this will help in your Fuqua interview, but it may give you an idea of what Emory thinks.

Please tell me how your interview with Fuqua goes, I also plan on interviewing soon, and applying for R1.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Visionary with the ability to execute. Great communicator. Integrity. Genuine. Trustworthy.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Likability -- You gotta get your lackeys to want to make you look good.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
1. Integrity
2. Communication
3. Resilience

in that order...
Director
Director
Affiliations: FRM Charter holder
Own Kudos [?]: 411 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford, Chicago Booth, Babson College
 Q48  V34 GMAT 2: 740  Q49  V42
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
[#permalink]
For me Integrity is a strange animal.

Integrity in terms of what? to help organization exploit its employees or to help employees take advantage of their organization or to self promote as much as possible or to strive to follow inner conscience or to ensure win-win situation for all the stakeholders?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Empathy.

(think Bill Clinton...)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
[#permalink]
aurobindo wrote:
For me Integrity is a strange animal.

Integrity in terms of what? to help organization exploit its employees or to help employees take advantage of their organization or to self promote as much as possible or to strive to follow inner conscience or to ensure win-win situation for all the stakeholders?

I think, it's integrity to do the right thing. An priority would be to develop the business of a company within the confines of the law. But then, I guess it's a very gray area on what is ethical or not. Acting with integrity opens up questions like is it ok to develop an advertising campaign for a cigarette company? And stuff like that.

But I guess you could play it safe and talk about how you deal with people and how you keep your word. And about how you deliver what you say you would deliver.

I would say though, integrity and charisma are important for a leader.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ability to hold people accountable, effective communication (clearly defined vision and goals), respect (employer to employee and employee to employer).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
adc_away wrote:
I think, it's integrity to do the right thing. An priority would be to develop the business of a company within the confines of the law. But then, I guess it's a very gray area on what is ethical or not. Acting with integrity opens up questions like is it ok to develop an advertising campaign for a cigarette company? And stuff like that.

Then, what is the right thing? Is it the pre-defined tradition, way of solving the situations you face or it is more of the philosophy you hold in your life, that was created by your own tears and sweat and you believe that acting according to this philosophy will be an advantage to the people around you? How to deal with the life philosophy of other people, who also could be right? I think, that the most appropriate approach will include the respect to the opinions of other people and making them accomplish the goal of the whole team/company basing on the motivation to accomplish their own/internal goals.

Working on emerging markets leads to interesting observations... there are ethical things from the point of view of developed country and following the same rules as for developed market can lead to a loss of important part of company competitiveness. From the other point of view, there are some companies that can compete, using the same business approaches to business like in other countries - Ikea, for example, struggled for several years to get the permission to build their centers in certain cities, but they are very patient.

At the same time, being transparent in emerging market can lead to the attacks from competitors by dealing with the state departments. And you should have very good lawyers... who can work in conditions of the laws having intentional/unintentional holes that can ruin all your business.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]