Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 661 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q49  V35
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 76 [0]
Send PM
Re: GMAT Secrets [#permalink]
Vithal wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if this is the correct form to post this, but can any of you give some feedback on how GMAT-Secrets.com is?

There is a huge list of claims made by the President (Tom) on his site - highly emotional and heavy stuff!!!

I am sort of drawn into buying this product, but before I could click submit - I thought about my pals in GMAT Club.

Please provide your suggestions - as always - Sooner the better :-)

Regards
Vithal

I bought it and it doesn't have any secrets that you can't find anywhere else. More than half of it is not about teaching you GMAT strategies, it is about getting into a business school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
don't buy it [#permalink]
It is not worthy to buy. Don't buy it. There is no secert about GMAT. The only thing you can do is practice, practice, and practice. There is no shortcut. I bought it and I found that it was a trick. There is nothing really teach you anything about GMAT. :evil: So, don't buy it and don't waste your money. Keep your money on something that really can help you. I wish I were here before I decided to buy it. Don't make the mistake as I did. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
It is absolutely worthless. Did you see the verbal section on sentence correction. It talked about punctuation for like 4 pages out of 6. It is a complete waste of money.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gmat secrets [#permalink]
I also got this from the library and haven't found it very helpful. The stuff from KAPLAN and Princeton have been my best resources from the library. I wouldn't actually buy them though - try to get them from the library.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
yes I do agree. Don't need to buy this product. I am planning to take the Gmaxonline course, Hope this is a useful course as the admins of this forum have recommended. I will go to this forum more often. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I bought it and agree that it was an absolute waste.

Its more focused on "how to take the test" and then "get into school" versus teaching you the main principles of the verbal and math... while its important to know how to take the test (e.g. time strategies), overall, the 135 page document is a waste of time.

Luckily, they do refund your money.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have it in PDF but wouldn't dare to post it anywhere on this site unless someone really wants it. I wouldn't say its a waste of time, but really not that great.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
greenclover wrote:
I have it in PDF but wouldn't dare to post it anywhere on this site unless someone really wants it. I wouldn't say its a waste of time, but really not that great.

I would suggest not to post it here due to copyright issues. Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Secrets [#permalink]
I have this book. It is not worth even a single penny. Absolutely sick. This book is for people who don't want to study and rely and on their luck / trick for a score.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
This is why GMAT Club is the best... people helping out other people, especially preventing people from being scammed. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Thanks ppl
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Awful [#permalink]
It would be bad enough to say GMAT secrets is not worth the 35 odd dollars it costs. It wouldn't be worth 5 dollars! It is marketed as something fresh and original, with great insights, when it is really common sense tripe that occupies page after page.

To give you an idea, I got much better mileage out of the brief tips at Admissions Consultants, and those were free.

Cheers.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
GMAT secrets is a complete scam. He just tries to motivate people into how to take a standardized test (TOEIC, TOEFL, GMAT, GRE, etc.).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I bought it and asked for a refund the next day (which they did). A waste of time and money but they do honor the 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 671 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the advice in the thread. I was about to buy it.
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
if you want tricks
try the Princeton Review
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]