Last visit was: 31 May 2024, 21:41 It is currently 31 May 2024, 21:41
4 years
India
Score: 750 GMAT Classic
GPA: 3
Pre-MBA industry: Consumer Products
Post-MBA industry: Other
Why MBA:
I am pursuing an MBA to accelerate the growth of my FMCG manufacturing start-up. With my expertise in supply chain management and logistics strategy, combined with international exposure from studying abroad, I aim to optimize operations, develop effective marketing strategies, and leverage the program's resources and professional network to foster personal growth in leadership and cultural sensitivity.

Short-term Goal:
In the short term, I plan to work as a supply chain consultant for a period of 2-3 years, focusing on gaining valuable experience and expanding my professional network. By joining a multinational company in this role, I will have the opportunity to work on diverse projects, collaborate with experts in the field, and gain exposure to international markets. This experience will allow me to deepen my understanding of global supply chain dynamics, identify new resources for business growth, and enhance my skills and knowledge in strategic planning and logistics management. During this time, I will entrust the day-to-day operations of my FMCG manufacturing startup to my capable family members, ensuring its smooth functioning and growth in my absence.

Long-term Goal:
Looking ahead, my long-term vision is to expand globally into multinational markets. By utilizing my supply chain management and logistics strategy expertise, combined with the international exposure gained from an MBA, I will navigate the complexities of international markets. Through tailored products and strategies, collaborations with local partners, and seamless logistics operations, I envision my FMCG manufacturing startup becoming a trusted provider in multiple countries, generating sustainable growth and establishing a strong global presence.
ISB
Full Time MBA
5 months ago
Round 1
McDonough
Full Time MBA
5 months ago
Round 1
AcceptedDec 7, 23
Scholarship50%
Rotterdam
International Full Time MBA
5 months ago
Feb Round
NUS Singapore
Full Time MBA
5 months ago
Round 1
NTU Nanyang
Full Time MBA
5 months ago
Round 1
Marshall (USC)
Full Time MBA
5 months ago
Round 1
Kelley
Full Time MBA
5 months ago
Round 1
Johnson (Cornell)
Full Time MBA
5 months ago
Round 2
IESE
Full Time MBA
5 months ago
Round 1
Jones Rice
Full Time MBA
11 months ago
Foster
Full Time MBA
11 months ago
Anderson
Full Time MBA
11 months ago
Fisher
Full Time MBA
11 months ago
Fuqua
Full Time MBA
11 months ago
Johnson (Cornell)
Full Time MBA
11 months ago
Owen Vanderbilt
Full Time MBA
11 months ago
Tuck
Full Time MBA
11 months ago
Round 1
Tepper
Full Time MBA
11 months ago
McCombs
Full Time MBA
11 months ago
Goizueta
Full Time MBA
11 months ago
Kenan-Flagler
Full Time MBA
11 months ago
Comments
18 Jun 2023, 23:36
Hey Sagar,

You have got a solid GMAT score and a very interesting startup experience in the FMCG industry with aggressive future plans. Unfortunately, you are committing the cardinal mistake of applying to too many programs across multiple geographies which will take a toll on you during the application process and may not yield the most optimum outcome. My advice will be to have the ISB PGP program as your top choice if you intend to stay in India and want to subsequently expand your business post your MBA since the large financial cost of an International MBA may force you to delay your startup plans while looking for conventional employment to recover your cost. If financing is not a major criteria, you can explore some really good US based MBA programs which have highly developed specializations in Supply Chain & Operations and will help you develop an international network. Some of the programs which should be on your radar are the Ross School of Business, Kelley, McCombs, MIT Sloan etc.

Hope the inputs help! Please reach out at info@thembaedge.com in case you have any further queries.
18 Jun 2023, 23:36
Hey Sagar,

You have got a solid GMAT score and a very interesting startup experience in the FMCG industry with aggressive future plans. Unfortunately, you are committing the cardinal mistake of applying to too many programs across multiple geographies which will take a toll on you during the application process and may not yield the most optimum outcome. My advice will be to have the ISB PGP program as your top choice if you intend to stay in India and want to subsequently expand your business post your MBA since the large financial cost of an International MBA may force you to delay your startup plans while looking for conventional employment to recover your cost. If financing is not a major criteria, you can explore some really good US based MBA programs which have highly developed specializations in Supply Chain & Operations and will help you develop an international network. Some of the programs which should be on your radar are the Ross School of Business, Kelley, McCombs, MIT Sloan etc.

Hope the inputs help! Please reach out at info@thembaedge.com in case you have any further queries.