It is currently 19 May 2024, 21:57
10 years
India
Female
Pre-MBA industry: Human Resources
Post-MBA industry: Non-Profit and Government
I hold 10 years of work experience in the HR domain and have done PGDHRM from Symbiosis Pune University.
Kelley
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 1
Haas
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 1
Kenan-Flagler
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 1
Foster
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 1
Stern
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 1
Anderson
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 1
Comments (2 comments)
24 Mar 2024, 10:09
Hi Pooja. I did not realize you were so experienced and senior.

Usually going into less common areas such gov or ngo, where only 1% of mba grads find a job, is not a strong play. Similarly having more than 10 years of work experience makes you too senior for the FT programs but it may just work with this combination.

I think what can help the most is for you to start speaking with people who are working in your field / dream job you want to get after the mba. This will make your goals much more real, show adcom you did your homework, and grow your network which will help recruit after mba. As mentioned NGO and non profit/gov sector is quite small.
23 Mar 2024, 03:19
Heyy you mind sharing your profile?
24 Mar 2024, 10:09
Hi Pooja. I did not realize you were so experienced and senior.

Usually going into less common areas such gov or ngo, where only 1% of mba grads find a job, is not a strong play. Similarly having more than 10 years of work experience makes you too senior for the FT programs but it may just work with this combination.

I think what can help the most is for you to start speaking with people who are working in your field / dream job you want to get after the mba. This will make your goals much more real, show adcom you did your homework, and grow your network which will help recruit after mba. As mentioned NGO and non profit/gov sector is quite small.