2 months ago
Round 2
AppliedJan 4, 24
InterviewedFeb 16, 24
AcceptedMar 20, 24
ScholarshipNone
Comments (14 comments)
05 Feb 2024, 13:52
Thank you ! Currently I am preparing for the GMAT and plan to take it in april.
I wish you all the best for the interview.
Please I am wondering if we could keep in touch . Here is my email, Sametonebng@gmail.com
Please could you send a message by mail so that I can have yours too ? Thank you
05 Nov 2023, 12:37
Spam
03 Nov 2023, 09:38
Hi, what company do you work for?
03 Nov 2023, 09:40
Hello! I'm the founder of Involve Consulting - Admissions Consulting firm!
03 Nov 2023, 09:42
Okay, you're new to this site. What sort of services are you offering?
03 Nov 2023, 09:51
We at Involve Consulting offer end to end Admission Consultancy Services. We guide you from choosing the right University based on your profile, Preparing Essays/ SOPs, etc and finally with the Mock Interviews to help you get accepted in the Best Business Schools in the world!
03 Nov 2023, 09:53
Sounds cool! What's your website address please?
05 Nov 2023, 12:39
Hi Dee_Dee,

You want to add a bit more color to your undergrad experience and perhaps use the HBS additional information or basically communicate your experience during undergrad and saying your GPA is not very representative. However it is a great use of your time and highly encouraged by the Adcom.
07 Nov 2023, 12:07
@bb, thank you. I am planning to explain my educational/work history in "additional information". But hopefully without sounding like I am trying to excuse my grades but honestly the living/grading system here is so different that I don't understand how these business schools make comparisons. I technically don't even have a GPA because it isn't a "thing" here.
07 Nov 2023, 19:30
I hear you. The way they evaluate your grades is comparing them to other applicants from the same country and hopefully by comparing them to other applicants from the exact same university. most top MBA programs have a database of all well-known colleges (thousands of them) and they have an idea if those grades are legit or junk.
08 Nov 2023, 13:04
Hello @Dee_DeeC2,

Your profile is indeed unique and has several interesting aspects that can make you stand out in the MBA application process. You have 7.5 years of work experience in the computer software industry. This is a significant amount of experience, which can be an advantage when applying to top MBA programs, as it demonstrates your professional maturity and potential for leadership roles.

You have a background in computer software, which is aligned with your pre-MBA and post-MBA industry goals. You pursued your education in the Nordics, which can be a positive factor as it indicates your ability to adapt to different environments and cultures.

Your GMAT score 740 is solid and falls within the range of scores typically accepted by top MBA programs. It should not be a hindrance to your application. Being originally from Kenya and then living in the Nordics, your international background can be seen as a unique strength. It showcases your ability to work in diverse environments, which is highly valued by MBA programs.

Your progression from a junior to a senior software developer is a positive aspect of your work experience. Furthermore, working on a high-profile project that is in international news can be a strong point in your application, as it demonstrates impact and leadership potential.

Application Rounds: Applying in Round 2 can be a good strategy, as it allows you more time to prepare a strong application and may offer a slightly higher acceptance rate than Round 3.

Regarding your chances at top MBA programs like Booth and Sloan MIT, your unique background and international experience can be advantageous. However, admission to these programs is highly competitive, and they consider a wide range of factors, including your essays, recommendations, and interview performance.

To maximize your chances, ensure that your essays and recommendations highlight your unique background, career progression, and contributions to the software industry. Be prepared for interviews and demonstrate your passion for and alignment with the programs you apply to.

Ultimately, while your profile is not straightforward, it can strengthen the application process. Make sure to present your story effectively in your application to demonstrate how your background and experiences make you a valuable candidate for the MBA programs you're interested in.

Good luck with your applications!

Feel free to schedule a free profile evaluation call with us to discuss your profile better and give a fair evaluation of your chances of admission to top Business schools.
08 Nov 2023, 16:41
Hi,
to answer your question about work experience, b-schools typically consider only full time work experience. So your work experience during undergrad and during masters may not count as work experience (do you already have a master's degree?). Do note, however, that every b-school has their own criteria, so its always beneficial to check this out on their website. This info will also help you create your resume as b-schools have their specifications- some may want all your internships and part time jobs included, whereas some others may ask only for FT experience. And, IMO, its always better to customize your resume as per given specifications.

You haven't mentioned the GPA here, but if you think its less and needs an explanation then do so via the optional essay. You have a strong GMAT, so that should help to ascertain that you have the academic chops for the MBA program.

Regarding your profile not being straightforward- well that could be the beauty of it. You should consider this as a strength and mine your experiences at a deeper level to come up insights on your key personality characteristics- these will give you good fodder for the essays.

Namita Garg,
Founder, MBA Decoder
Email: contact@mbadecoder.com
Profile evaluation: https://mbadecoder.com/services/free-pr ... valuation/
05 Feb 2024, 07:01
Congratulations for your interview at HBS. I am from Congo and plan to apply at HBS next year. Please would your like to share me your experience ?
05 Feb 2024, 10:37
Hi @Samé, I haven’t interviewed yet but I recommend working really hard to get as high a score as possible on GRE/GMAT. You can get really far with gmatclub and the official books. Then just work on your story. I think a good story/essay can make a big difference.
05 Feb 2024, 13:52
Thank you ! Currently I am preparing for the GMAT and plan to take it in april.
I wish you all the best for the interview.
Please I am wondering if we could keep in touch . Here is my email, Sametonebng@gmail.com
Please could you send a message by mail so that I can have yours too ? Thank you