India
Male
Score:
685 GMAT Focus
690 GMAT Classic
GPA: 4
Pre-MBA industry: Tech
Post-MBA industry: Tech
Have close to 9.5 years of experience with ~6 years in B2B Product management majorly in Indian startups. Want take a step back, get a Global Perspective and explore consumer side of things. Will give me a more holistic perspective and help me become a better leader in the future. Looking to apply to and get into Top EU B-Schools.
HEC Paris
January Intake
1 month ago
Round 1
AppliedMar 13, 24
INSEAD
January Intake
1 month ago
Round 1
DeniedMar 28, 24
IMD
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
DeniedFeb 27, 24
SDA Bocconi
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Deadline
InterviewedMar 28, 24
Comments (6 comments)
01 Apr 2024, 18:41
On 28th itself
03 Jan 2024, 12:12
Hi @Eu_top, your background is good and the schools in your list are in-line with your goals.

Some might consider your work-ex (~10 years) to be on the higher side for an MBA, so highlighting "why MBA NOW" would be important. A higher score (ideally 700+/ Focus equivalent) can help increase your chances, given the Indian Male applicant perspective.

Showcasing your ExtraCurriculars would be crucial to present a balanced profile. European programs value certain traits, so adapting your application/ essays to the school can help differentiate.

Hope this helps a bit. Feel free to reach out through the link(s) below for a deeper chat.

Regards,
Arvind
Founder, admitStreet | HEC Paris MBA alum
W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
03 Jan 2024, 21:58
Hi @Eu_top, INSEAD alumna here.
I do not quite understand why you cite the MBA as a stepping stone for the transition from a B2B product to a B2C product. You would need to dig deeper and make a much stronger case for an MBA at this late stage in your career and with the schools that are on your target list. And yes, definitely retake the test because the competition gets tougher for people with more work experience (the bell curve in MBA cohort selection). Given the pedigree of the schools you are targeting, I would also advise you to be a bit visionary in your goals. Think what kind of problem solving would excite you post MBA. Have you observed a problem or a gap or a market potential in your industry? How will you address that. A B2B product manager who wants to move into B2C after the MBA may not be the profile that top schools would be most excited about. You will have to craft a strong storyline. Depending on your score, you can add LBS to your list.

Feel free to speak one to one for candid advice.

Best wishes

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
03 Jan 2024, 22:58
Hi Aanchal,

Thanks a lot for the response!

That’s just one of the reasons and I realise I stated the same here without giving the full picture - the main intent is to take a step back, get a global perspective (till now I have worked in the India and SEA geographies) and go for a domain/industry and geography switch within Product itself. Right now given my experience it’s becoming difficult for me to do the same.

However, the input is duly noted and will be acted upon. Will reach out soon for further help.

Regards,
Siddarth
03 Jan 2024, 23:09
Sure, look forward to connecting.

Regards
Aanchal
31 Mar 2024, 12:57
Hi Sid, when did you receive communication from Insead? Was it for the January intake's Round 1? I'm waiting for mine, and since our profiles are similar, I'm just checking.
Thanks in Advance
01 Apr 2024, 18:41
On 28th itself