It is currently 20 May 2024, 05:30
9.8 years
Indonesia
Male
Score: Waiver
GPA: 3.51
Pre-MBA industry: Telecommunications
Post-MBA industry: Telecommunications
I graduated from the top engineering college in the country in the top 10% of my cohort. Next, I worked in the largest telco provider in the country first as a field engineer. A self-taught data science and was eventually selected as a member of an agile squad and then promoted to a data analyst position in the technology/network department. After 2 years, transitioned into market analyst specializing in GIS data.

Won several awards both internally (my company's innovation competition) and externally (award from ESRI, a GIS tools provider).

For Johnson, I was granted the GMAT/GRE waiver and currently is waiting for the waiver decision for Tepper. For Ross, I submitted my old GRE score of 316. This all happened because my original appointment for the GMAT classic test in Dec was canceled and I had to reschedule the test well after the deadline.

I have been awarded a full-ride scholarship by my company and after I return from my studies plan to transition into a managerial role in analytics at my current company. My long-term goal is to become an executive in data governance.
Johnson (Cornell)
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 2
AppliedJan 1, 24
InterviewedMar 20, 24
WaitlistedApr 5, 24
Ross Michigan
Full Time MBA
2 months ago
Round 2
AppliedJan 1, 24
InterviewedFeb 15, 24
AcceptedMar 14, 24
ScholarshipNone
Tepper
Full Time MBA
2 months ago
Round 2
AppliedJan 6, 24
InterviewedFeb 22, 24
AcceptedMar 6, 24
ScholarshipNone
Comments
07 Jan 2024, 21:23
That is great that you have a scholarship from your company plus you have a job to go back to. Bing sponsored makes business school a lot more enjoyable. You don’t have the insecurity related to the internships and jobs and while you can recruit and look for fun things, you always have a fallback option and you’re not dreading paying back the loans. You’re doing the right way 👍

Being sponsored is also going to help you with the admissions as well. Schools like sponsored students because they are super easy. I assume you’ve included plenty of references to that so it’s clear to them.

PS. I would definitely use the score waiver as much as you can to avoid having to deal with scoring and testing.
07 Jan 2024, 21:23
That is great that you have a scholarship from your company plus you have a job to go back to. Bing sponsored makes business school a lot more enjoyable. You don’t have the insecurity related to the internships and jobs and while you can recruit and look for fun things, you always have a fallback option and you’re not dreading paying back the loans. You’re doing the right way 👍

Being sponsored is also going to help you with the admissions as well. Schools like sponsored students because they are super easy. I assume you’ve included plenty of references to that so it’s clear to them.

PS. I would definitely use the score waiver as much as you can to avoid having to deal with scoring and testing.