Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 06:32 It is currently 09 May 2024, 06:32

6.3 years
India
Female
Score: 710 GMAT Classic
GPA: 2.25
Pre-MBA industry: Energy and Utilities
Post-MBA industry: Non-Profit and Government
Hi, Kindly review my profile and guide me as to which colleges are possible (if any) and where to improve.

Indian Female. B.E. (Hons.) BITS Pilani. GPA: 2.25/4
GMAT: 710 (V:38 Q:49)

Work Exp:
6 yrs experience in Quality assurance and Quality Control in an electrical protection and automation manufacturing company.
Worked on multiple high budget energy projects with top heavy electrical and energy-oriented companies, got 2 promotions. Regularly interacted with various international electronics vendors/suppliers in Singapore, Thailand, South Korea, etc. Have experience in building many solar and renewable energy power plants.
Simultaneously held an honorary position in a small electronics based company and helped through providing consultation for various Energy related licenses.
Took a break from work to prepare for competitive exams (UPSC) for 2.5 yrs.
Currently working as a teacher in STEM subjects and English for underprivileged children since 1.5 yrs.

Activities and Leadership Skills:
Was part of Basketball team during college, bagged a couple of medals in various tournaments.
Coordinator for Basketball at sports fest at college twice.
Editor for the Literary club at college.
Volunteered as a teacher for college mess workers.
Amateur dancing, won a couple of group and solo awards at events.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE): AIR 813 (2018)
Limited proficiency in French and Korean.

Overall:
Always wanted to end up with a finance role in Non Profit orgs (World Bank etc.) as I have always had an interest, though I am flexible to other post MBA goals. I know and am quite ashamed that my undergrad is too low to the point I don’t even know if I would ever get an MBA admit.

Target Colleges: ISB, IIM, Oxford Said, Cambridge Judge, INSEAD
ISB
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
IIM (All Schools)
IIM Ahmedabad PGPX
1 month ago
Oxford Said
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Judge Cambridge
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
INSEAD
January Intake
1 month ago
Round 1
IMD
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Comments
14 Mar 2024, 20:13
Hi, If you are doing TFI, it is a well-known organization among universities and they respect that. However, they want to see solid professional roles and names as well (perhaps before or right after). I would try to get some leadership positions such as a district manager/assistant/advisor/etc. showing that you did not just teach kids but took initiative and went above and beyond your call of duty. This will help not only with admissions but also in recruiting. This would help.

I would also start working on building your NGO engagement perhaps with TFI or another org and maybe take a financial responsibility or some other volunteering role where you can get Project Management or Financial /Project Finance experience. If you are going to work at a World Bank, in what capacity would it be? What skillset would you bring? I would even poke around their site and jobs they have posted.

P.S. It is tricky to get some of these NGO jobs. They don't pay a lot and tend to be competitive, so you need a good angle/experience to be a good candidate for them.

In terms of changes, I don't know how to judge your GPA (good or bad) but the overall application is OK-level I would say without knowing the details. Meaning, nothing is bad but nothing looks amazing either (please note that's taking what you provided, and there are always ways to really amplify and improve your resume/experience/etc - this is just cursory first glance). And I already mentioned how to strengthen your candidacy potentially.

Good luck!!!
BB
14 Mar 2024, 20:13
Hi, If you are doing TFI, it is a well-known organization among universities and they respect that. However, they want to see solid professional roles and names as well (perhaps before or right after). I would try to get some leadership positions such as a district manager/assistant/advisor/etc. showing that you did not just teach kids but took initiative and went above and beyond your call of duty. This will help not only with admissions but also in recruiting. This would help.

I would also start working on building your NGO engagement perhaps with TFI or another org and maybe take a financial responsibility or some other volunteering role where you can get Project Management or Financial /Project Finance experience. If you are going to work at a World Bank, in what capacity would it be? What skillset would you bring? I would even poke around their site and jobs they have posted.

P.S. It is tricky to get some of these NGO jobs. They don't pay a lot and tend to be competitive, so you need a good angle/experience to be a good candidate for them.

In terms of changes, I don't know how to judge your GPA (good or bad) but the overall application is OK-level I would say without knowing the details. Meaning, nothing is bad but nothing looks amazing either (please note that's taking what you provided, and there are always ways to really amplify and improve your resume/experience/etc - this is just cursory first glance). And I already mentioned how to strengthen your candidacy potentially.

Good luck!!!
BB