Last visit was: 19 May 2024, 23:41 It is currently 19 May 2024, 23:41
1 years
India
Female
Score: 655 GMAT Focus
GPA: 8/10
Pre-MBA industry: Investment Banking
Post-MBA industry: Venture Capital
I'm an IIT Kharagpur final year student, Indian female(21).
I have a strong background - extracurriculars, leadership at clubs and societies, previously worked on a startup but had to shut down due to financing issues, volunteering experience.
I've interned at a multinational FMCG company and I'll be joining an IB with global presence after graduation. Post an MBA I want to work at a venture capital and later on a startup.

I have a low GMAT focus score 655, and a low overall GPA but I'm in the top 5 in my class despite that (new grading policies which made it harder to score).
Applying to a deferred MBA at M7 schools.
Columbia
Deferred Enrollment Program
1 month ago
Columbia
1 month ago
Harvard
Full Time MBA (2+2)
1 month ago
Sloan MIT
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Stanford GSB
1 month ago
Comments
31 Mar 2024, 16:11
Welcome to GMAT Club!

655 is not low low but for the Deferred programs it is not really competitive. Your GPA being low is not relevant since you are saying even thought it is low, it is actually high. The number is not important; the ranking/rating is what matters. You may want to indicate this in an optional essay and i would touch on your GMAT score there as well with some kind of an explanation.

Your startup and busy schedule are fantastic ingredients for admission. If you get dinged it will be likely due to a less competitive score.... not sure if you think GRE can do better for you but this is my quick feedback.

-BB
31 Mar 2024, 16:11
Welcome to GMAT Club!

655 is not low low but for the Deferred programs it is not really competitive. Your GPA being low is not relevant since you are saying even thought it is low, it is actually high. The number is not important; the ranking/rating is what matters. You may want to indicate this in an optional essay and i would touch on your GMAT score there as well with some kind of an explanation.

Your startup and busy schedule are fantastic ingredients for admission. If you get dinged it will be likely due to a less competitive score.... not sure if you think GRE can do better for you but this is my quick feedback.

-BB