Last visit was: 31 May 2024, 02:27 It is currently 31 May 2024, 02:27
5 years
Nigeria
Score: 333 GRE
Pre-MBA industry: Commercial Banking
Post-MBA industry: Tech
Having spent 5 years in healthcare and commercial banking, I am looking to transition into tech as a PM.
Kenan-Flagler
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 3
InterviewedApr 3, 24
Comments (4 comments)
08 Apr 2024, 15:51
Awesome! Much appreciated.
08 Apr 2024, 15:34
Looks like you are applying in round three. This is a tough round to get in and likely not very rewarding from the financial aid perspective. I’m not sure how much in a hurry you are to start school this fall but if you’re not, you may get a lot more money or much better rank if you apply in the fall.

The reason is that the last third round tends to be very small and most of the scholarship money has been committed already. Also, there are big waiting lists that programs have access to so they can always fill spots using waitlist who may attend without scholarship versus someone who needs one.

Having said that, shifts and changes happen. People back out and give up scholarships.
08 Apr 2024, 15:40
Great insights shared. Definitely would consider. That being said, what's your take on my overall profile and chances having already put in an application? Also, schools you'd advise in terms of tech career path/financial aid. Thank you.
08 Apr 2024, 15:47
I feel the profile is strong. 👍
You can check the water are my chances automated tool which which is decent. But again, we’re talking about round three during one of the most competitive years 😇

In terms of other programs, if you are shooting for scholarships, and applying next year, I would apply to a mix of schools. This means don’t just apply to your dream schools or don’t just apply to your safety schools or target schools in round one but a mix.

The usual suspects for tech would be foster on the safe side with full scholarship, Tepper with something similar, maybe Marshall or Anderson then you can consider aspirational/target such as Haas, Fuqua, or Ross. And maybe include Kellogg as a dream program.

You can see the latest placement stats in this table: https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-mba-pro ... 21312.html

So you can see the schools with the highest proportion of alumni going into the tech industry. This doesn’t mean tech roles but it gives an idea.
08 Apr 2024, 15:51
Awesome! Much appreciated.