Last visit was: 31 May 2024, 02:38 It is currently 31 May 2024, 02:38
0.7 years
India
Male
Score: 420 GMAT Classic
GPA: 2.88
Pre-MBA industry: Other
Post-MBA industry: Finance
I applied for YLP last year with the current profile. I cleared 1st round with the GPA (2.88/4) and profile. However, due to 420 In GMAT, I didn't continue with the round 2 process. This year I'll be applying with the EEO route. I am preparing to get a better GMAT score this year, and I have bagged work experience in my family business managing it in its entirety. With a couple of quantifiable achievements.

As for my profile last year, I had an unusual undergraduate route and participated in multiple competitions. I secured rank in a couple of them. Explore multiple domains through internships. Was part of an NGO. Then, I anchored on finance as the industry. Tried my hands on derivative and equity with positive ROI.

I aim for an IB or a private equity role (Buy-side) post-MBA. The only hindrance I am facing currently is getting a good GMAT score. I am working on it tho.
Wharton
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 1
LBS
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 1
ISB
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 1
Comments (4 comments)
09 Apr 2024, 22:54
No worries man! It's all good.
Ps. I like it when people undermine me.
09 Apr 2024, 22:06
Hi there, Did you get into ISB?
The GMAT score (420) and GPA looks below average. Work exp is also 0.7 yrs.
I wonder what is unique in your profile? Please share your background.
09 Apr 2024, 22:41
I think you misunderstood. I didn't get into ISB yet.

I applied for YLP last year with the current profile. I cleared 1st round with the GPA and profile. However, due to 420 In GMAT, I didn't continue with the round 2 process. This year I'll be applying with the EEO route. I am preparing to get a better GMAT score this year, and I have bagged work experience in my family business. So, you can say I am over-optimistic.

As for my profile last year, I had an unusual undergraduate route and participated in multiple competitions. Secured rank in a couple of them. Explore multiple domains through internships. I anchored on finance as the industry. Tried my hands on derivative and equity with positive ROI.
09 Apr 2024, 22:47
Oh great. Dont get me wrong when i said below average grades (your extracurriclars are great). All the best.
09 Apr 2024, 22:54
No worries man! It's all good.
Ps. I like it when people undermine me.