Last visit was: 20 May 2024, 02:41 It is currently 20 May 2024, 02:41
United States
Score: 645 GMAT Focus
GPA: 4.0
Pre-MBA industry: Energy and Utilities
Post-MBA industry: Energy and Utilities
I am working as a chemical engineer for a few years and go into business school. My long-term goal is to work in corporate strategy and M&A. I want to stay in the Houston Area long-term and focus in the energy industry.

I am applying for deferred MBA programs.

Internships:

- 2 terms with Fortune 10 O&G Company: 1 CEPQ (economics), 1 Manufacturing

- 1 term with Fortune 10 O&G Company: Technical

- 2 terms with Fortune 30 Chemical Company: Manufacturing

- 1 term with LNG Company: Start-up

- 1 term with Fortune 100 Chemical Company: Global Operations Planning and Optimization

- 1 term with Fortune 500 Chemical Company: Technical

- 2 terms with fuel additive Company: Process Safety Management, Project Start-up

Extracurriculars:

- Founder and President of the Energy Club at school

- US Regional Coordinator for minority organization (well-known)

- Appointed by the state governor to represent the university system in the Board of Regents

- Non-profit board member

- Research Grant Recipient over using waste from ethanol production to create a valued product
Haas
Full Time MBA
17 hours ago
Invited to interviewMay 17, 24
Jones Rice
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Comments (2 comments)
14 Apr 2024, 22:04
Thank you for the review! Would my ECs, Internships, and GPA be strong enough for this weakness? If not, do you think It's possible to take GMAT Focus with deadlines fast approaching?
14 Apr 2024, 21:50
Great profile!
I know Rice undergrad is highly rated and MBA often focuses on energy but in the MBA world not super highly ranked, so it would be an interesting mix of Haas (Top 10) with Jones (Top 30). Hopefully you get into both.

I think everything is very strong with the small exceptions of the GMAT Score. Likely good enough for Rice but quite below the average for Haas, esp for college deferred peer group. Just FYI. Not the end of the world but that's the only weakness I see.

Hope this helps!
14 Apr 2024, 22:04
Thank you for the review! Would my ECs, Internships, and GPA be strong enough for this weakness? If not, do you think It's possible to take GMAT Focus with deadlines fast approaching?