7.8 years
Austria
Male
Score: Plan to take the GMAT
GPA: 3.6
Pre-MBA industry: Tech
Post-MBA industry: Tech
Education:
- Bachelor, Information and Computer Engineering (GPA: 3.4)
- Master, Information and Computer Engineering (GPA: 3.9)
- European exchange program for one semester

Extra-curricular:
- 1 social year as paramedic
- Scholarship for excellence from university (for one year)
- Finalist in a startup-competition

Work experience after university:
- 7 years of development engineer (received one promotion and changed once the function) in a global semiconductor company (EURO STOXX 50)
- 1 year as chief information officer in a small startup (and head of mobile development in a new one) where I need to manage a team of 4 people

I want to do an MBA because I got really excited about working in a startup recently. It made me want to learn more about business, entrepreneurship and leadership. After the MBA, I hope to start my own company or become a product manager at a big tech company.

I worry my age (33y) and lack of formal leadership experience might affect my MBA application. It's worth mentioning that my journey as a developer and completing my master's took quite some time, and it's only recently that I've felt the strong urge to pursue an MBA. My target school is MIT sloan, maybe also Kellog and LBS. I think that my profile is not good enough for Standford GSB. Any advice would be helpful for me!
Sloan MIT
Full Time MBA
20 days ago
Round 1
LBS
Full Time MBA
20 days ago
Round 1
Comments (2 comments)
30 Apr 2024, 03:20
Hi TechGen,

Thanks for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations. My name is Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO.

Strengths of your profile for MBA application:
Strong academic background: A 3.6 GPA overall and a 3.9 GPA in your Master's demonstrate academic strength.
Technical expertise: Your 7.8 years of experience as a development engineer in a top company (EURO STOXX 50) showcase valuable technical skills.
Entrepreneurial experience: Leading a team of 4 people as a CIO in a startup demonstrates leadership potential and interest in entrepreneurship.
Diverse experiences: The European exchange program and social year as a paramedic add a global and well-rounded perspective to your profile.
Clear post-MBA goals: You have a well-defined goal of either starting your own company or becoming a product manager at a big tech company.

Recommendations:
GMAT preparation: Focus on acing the GMAT. A strong score will significantly improve your chances at top programs.
Quantify your achievements: In your application essays, quantify the impact of your work experience, especially your leadership role in the startup. Highlight specific achievements and results.
Leadership potential: Expand on your leadership potential beyond your formal experience. Did you take initiative on projects? Mentor others?
Target schools: While MIT Sloan, Kellogg, and LBS are great choices, consider a school like INSEAD or Oxford Said for their strong European presence and entrepreneurship focus.

Overall, your profile is strong with a clear path for your post-MBA goals. If you send me your CV and other info on priyankak@ARINGO.com , I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

All the best!

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/
29 Apr 2024, 21:05
Don't worry about your age. Go for it...but well prepared. That includes deep research on what schools look for and aligning your strengths with those of the target schools. You need to give schools a reason to admit you - an offer they cannot refuse. - Dee (admissions consultant)
30 Apr 2024, 03:20
Hi TechGen,

Thanks for sharing your profile and MBA aspirations. My name is Priyanka, Client Manager at ARINGO.

Strengths of your profile for MBA application:
Strong academic background: A 3.6 GPA overall and a 3.9 GPA in your Master's demonstrate academic strength.
Technical expertise: Your 7.8 years of experience as a development engineer in a top company (EURO STOXX 50) showcase valuable technical skills.
Entrepreneurial experience: Leading a team of 4 people as a CIO in a startup demonstrates leadership potential and interest in entrepreneurship.
Diverse experiences: The European exchange program and social year as a paramedic add a global and well-rounded perspective to your profile.
Clear post-MBA goals: You have a well-defined goal of either starting your own company or becoming a product manager at a big tech company.

Recommendations:
GMAT preparation: Focus on acing the GMAT. A strong score will significantly improve your chances at top programs.
Quantify your achievements: In your application essays, quantify the impact of your work experience, especially your leadership role in the startup. Highlight specific achievements and results.
Leadership potential: Expand on your leadership potential beyond your formal experience. Did you take initiative on projects? Mentor others?
Target schools: While MIT Sloan, Kellogg, and LBS are great choices, consider a school like INSEAD or Oxford Said for their strong European presence and entrepreneurship focus.

Overall, your profile is strong with a clear path for your post-MBA goals. If you send me your CV and other info on priyankak@ARINGO.com , I would love to connect you with our CEO who will be happy to help further with a detailed review and perhaps work together on some amazing apps.

All the best!

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/