Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 15:27 It is currently 08 May 2024, 15:27

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  May 8, 24
On Campus with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Apr 24, 24
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I had an on campus interview two weeks ago and was admitted a couple of days ago. The interview was conversational and lasted about 45 minutes. Some of the questions asked: 1. Tell me about your university studies and why you selected your major and minor. 2. What were your favorite classes and why? 3. We walked through my resume and professional experience, including any gaps and reasons for leaving a position for another. 4. What are your 3 biggest strengths and what are your 3 biggest weaknesses / things you want to work on? 5. Tell me about a mentor/ leader/ boss that has significantly shaped your professional career. 6. What activities do you do in your free time? 7. Why SDA Bocconi? 8. Short term and long term professional goals 9. Other options you are considering if you do not get into Bocconi 10. Companies and roles you would like to pursue in the future"
ggb
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 25, 24
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Mar 15, 24
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"The interview was conversational. The interviewer asked me about my current role, goals post MBA, hobbies, interests, etc. 1. What are your goals post-MBA? 2. Why SDA Bocconi? 3. Who are you apart from your resume? 4. What are your strengths and weaknesses?"
6 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 14, 24
Online with Alumni
Interviewed on:
Feb 14, 24
Final Decision:
Admitted
"My interview was on 14th February with Adina Bigas. The interview was very conversational and was purely focused on what was written in my resume. 1. Who are you? 2. What did you like more in your university (between two degrees in my double major)? 3. What is your role? Difference in responsibilities in Analyst and Associate within my role (I am at Associate level - promoted from Analyst level)? 4. Your biggest achievement so far? 5. Why did you run a marathon when it is such a brutal thing to do? 6. What is one company that you think will do best (I had mentioned my work around topics of decarbonisation, renewables, electrification, etc)? 7. Which of the mega-trends (mentioned in point 6) do you think will play a major role going forward? 8. How did you secure merit-cum-need scholarship in university? 9. Why did your company select you for internship (I had interned at my firm where I converted it into full time job)? 10. Why SDA? 11. Did you give your GMAT? What was your score? There were a few other questions that I might have missed. The interview last for 45 minutes. Adina made it super comfortable for me and seemed genuinely curious about my current role (she had no idea what I do). Note that the interviewer will only have access to your resume and not your essays."
This user wants to stay Private
3.5 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 17, 24
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Jan 17, 24
Final Decision:
Admitted
"The interview was very conversational, with an AdCom member Talk about yourself, your interests, your motivation, your post mba goals Why an MBA and why Bocconi What would be your add value to the class Any other information to share with us Do you have any other question for us?"
8 years
Chile
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  May 5, 23
Interviewed on:
May 2, 23
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I was interviewed by an Admissions committee member and the interview was very conversational. The interviewer seemed very open and curious, trying to understand more about my background and my fit for the school. Here are some of the questions i was asked during my interview: 1. Tell me about your educational background and what was your motivation ? 2. Motivation for getting a masters degree 3. Why did you choose particular university and specialization during your masters 4. Any challenges faced during Masters( more about cultural transition from India to US) 5. More questions about work experience and challenges/learning during each role 6. Why MBA and why in Europe 7. Shot term and longterm goals 8. Career objectives post MBA 9. A list of few companies and roles i would be looking for post MBA 10. What quality in you do you see as a personal weakness Finally i was asked if i had any questions for them and was provided with more information as a followup for my questions. Interview lasted 45 min"
4.7 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 17, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 15, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"The interview was with an AdCom, she was quite friendly. The interview felt very conversational, with the interviewer answering many of my questions. Some of the questions asked were: 1. Tell me about your work experience and what has motivated your career decisions. 2. What are your goals post-MBA? 3. Did you speak to alumni? If so, what did you learn? 4. What can you bring as an individual to our diverse, multinational program? 5. What are the top qualities a leader should have? 6. What are your hobbies? What do you do outside of work? Duration: 1 hour"
6 years
Ecuador
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Apr 16, 21
Interviewed on:
Apr 16, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Questions asked were as follows :- 1) Why MBA and why Bocconi? Why now? 2) How much work experience do you have, how many people report to you? 3) Where else have you applied, what is your target school? 4) Where do you want to work after the program? Which industry? 5) 2 strengths and 2 weaknesses? 6) How is your relationship with your reporting manager? Does he ever ask you to do something you don't want to do? 7) Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 8) How do you perceive the emotional aspect of a work environment? 9) Have you given the GMAT? Score? 10) Hobbies? 11) What would you do if you do not gain admission? Then some general questions; 12) Where do you live? 13) Do you enjoy travelling? Have you ever been to Milan? 14) How is the social situation in your home country? How is the economy? 15) How is the Covid situation in your home country? I may have missed some minor questions but these are the primary ones asked. Timespan was ~ 35-40 mins"
Pakistan
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Apr 13, 21
Interviewed on:
Mar 24, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Super friendly interview with a member of the admissions team over MS teams platform. A few of the Questions: 1) Where have I joined from? 2) Introduction about myself. 3) Branched off questions from my response to previous one such as: What was my role in that project? 4) Short term and long term goals. 5) Obstacles that I may face to meet the short term goals. 6) Did I speak with any alumnus? What did they tell me about the programme? 7) What other schools did I apply to and why would I choose SDAB among them? 8) What would my boss say would be my weaknesses? 9) What do I do in my free time? 10) Subjects that I liked in my undergrad. 11) Why do I want to do an MBA? I felt quite comfortable during the interview, the interviewer put me ease right at the beginning stating that it was going to be easy. At the same time, some of the questions such as “Why SDAB” and “What are your weaknesses” were asked in a challenging way as can be seen in question no. 7 and 8. No curveball questions like, “tell me about a time when you handled conflict in your team.” Tips to future candidates: 1) Speak slowly as the interviewer is not a native English speaker and your accent may not be understandable to them. 2) Be ready with a few more stories or points for each of the answer, apart from the main one, in case the interviewer asks for more. The interview lasted 45 minutes which included a question that I had asked and was discussed in detail, and two other questions which I had asked but were tabled for later. Best wishes to future candidates! Reach out to me if you need help."
5 years
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Apr 1, 21
Interviewed on:
Mar 27, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I had my interview on March 27th. The alumnus was focusing a lot on my weaknesses, what challenges I faced, the times when I failed. Following were the questions that she asked. - How long have you been working in your company? - What is it that you do in your day to day job? What do you like about your job? What do you hate about your job? - Tell me about a time in your life when you thought you failed. How did you deal with it? - Tell me something which you really want to improve about yourself? - If you had to do it all over again, what would you want to choose as a career path? - What is your long term dream? What do you aim to become? - If you get into the program, what do you think will be a challenge? - What is that you will are scared of, about the MBA? Overall, I believe I did it well. Hoping for the best! Fingers crossed."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 7, 20
Interviewed on:
Nov 25, 20
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Questions were: - Why an MBA? - Why SDA Bocconi ? - Strenghts and weaknesses ? - Favourite and not favourite subjects in University? - Hobbies? - GMAT score? - Do you manage people in your current position?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 2, 20
Interviewed on:
Oct 15, 19
Final Decision:
Admitted
"My interview lasted around 45 minutes. I received more or less the usual questions, in no particular order: - Why MBA now? - Why Bocconi? - What are your long term and short term goals? - What can the class learn from you? - Tell me an example of teamwork - Tell me an example of your leadership I can't remember anymore questions, but there was nothing out of ordinary."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Dec 27, 18
Interviewed on:
Dec 9, 18
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"Questions for pre-interview video You're given the question then 30 seconds to think about it then a minute to answer it while you’re being recorded Some of the questions included for me were - what do you know about Bocconi MBA, - what do you want to do post MBA, - what are good qualities of a team, and another I forgot"
Canada
Debrief posted on  Dec 5, 18
On Campus
Interviewed on:
Apr 16, 14
Final Decision:
Admitted
"--Interview Tips Shared by Former SDA Forum Moderator-- Be yourself, know your profile in depth (ie, strengths and weaknesses) and get ready to support the story you unravelled in your essays. Engage your interviewer, make the interview as much interactive as possible (but remember to be polite and professional). Dress properly, as MBA interviews have their own dress code. Bring your CV with you, as well as a copy of your application. Remember that the adcoms want to know that you can both make it through the program, which is very demanding, and become an important asset for the school - in other words, succeed in your post-MBA career. As long as your answers help the interviewer understand that you are such a person, you'll be fine."
Italy
Debrief posted on  Dec 5, 18
Interviewed on:
Apr 23, 14
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Guys and gals here goes my interview debrief. Sorry for posting late. I have lots of excuses but won't make those and continue with my post. :lol: I was interviewed by Mrs. Brunner on 17th April,2014 by a Skype interview. The questions that I was asked in the interview were Why MBA ? Why Now ? Why Europe ? Why Italy ? Strengths and weaknesses ? Career Goals ? Tell me about your country Tell me about your place Backup plans ? Where else you applied ? Where will you join and why ? Which specialization ? Why that specialization ? Why do you want to work in Italy ? Favorite subjects in undergrad and why ? Not favorite subjects in undergrad and why ? Those are the questions I can recollect from that day. I don't really know how the interview went. Hope I'll be able to make through. As of now, it is waiting time. :roll: Cheers."
India