India
Male
Score:
715 GMAT Focus
700 GMAT Classic
GPA: 3.14
Pre-MBA industry: Consulting
Post-MBA industry: Consulting
Currently working in MBB (Bain Capability Network) and have 6+ years of experience. I also have an Indian MBA (IIM) and I am also a CFA charter holder

In terms of extra-curriculars:

1. Recently joined an NGO and helping youth from rural/tier 3 areas by teaching them resume building, career development and time management
2. Working as a freelance coach with an educational platform to help students from IIMs with resume building, interview prep and industry knowledge sessions
2. Hobbies in sports (Badminton), Stock Trading and music (play guitar)

International experience:
1. Student exchange for 4 months during my MBA; Stayed in France during that time
2. Experience working with global stakeholders and leading projects for international clients
3. Travelled to 10+ countries

Why MBA?
Short term goal is to continue in PE consulting and then move to value creating roles in PE/VC firms
LBS
Full Time MBA
18 days ago
Round 1
HEC Paris
January Intake
18 days ago
Round 2
AppliedMar 13, 24
AcceptedApr 19, 24
ScholarshipNone
Comments (17 comments)
08 May 2024, 07:41
Feel free to reach out if you want to chat: https://bit.ly/GM_AugAcd_Profile_Evaluation
11 Jan 2024, 04:34
Your GMAT is couple of points of lower for LBS, in the ballpark for the IMD program.

The second MBA and your MBB experience will position you quite well for these programs. EU programs tend to focus quite a bit on the international experience which is a positive for your profile. ME is a strong target market for these programs, hence you have aligned all elements of your profile well. Continue to work on your profile and maybe give the GMAT another shot to better your chances.

All the best! Do reach out at info@themabedge.com if you have need clarifications.
15 Feb 2024, 00:31
what should be the ideal score I should look at ? for top European programs?
15 Feb 2024, 09:06
Their average is around 700/710. However, for some competitive groups you want to add 20 more points on top of it.
16 Feb 2024, 07:59
Got it. Thanks bb.
30 Apr 2024, 09:13
Thanks bb. and what chances for US schools. I have updated my GMAT score :)
30 Apr 2024, 09:21
That’s an awesome score! Congrats!

I think you have a fantastic and the really strong profile. Working in MBB is a big deal.

if you are open to working in the US, you should definitely apply to some US programs. Do you have a really strong shot at Stanford MSX as a program for slightly older candidates and frankly booth is also usually open to experienced applicants. I think the argument of wanting to move into PE in the United States or something like that is going to be a pretty strong one or at least good enough. I would recommend applying to five or seven US schools across the two rounds.
30 Apr 2024, 09:33
Thanks bb. I am also considering some M7 programs (Not sure how open they are for double MBA candidates). Maybe likes of Kellogg or Columbia J term. I hope I have a decent shot at them
30 Apr 2024, 15:05
They are open as long as you can demonstrate the need in the second MBA. However, if one got a Law Degree, an MiM and then wanting an MBA, then it is clear that person is just collecting degrees and has no idea what to do with their life but if it is clear that you have a real goal and a real need, they are open.
P.S. There used to be a second MBA policy in the past but that has been stricken about 10+ years ago. Schools realized they were dinging great candidates that would be a great contribution to their class stats and alum base (something else to play up) ;-)
30 Apr 2024, 15:36
To your comment about applying to US programs- have you looked at Kellogg 1 year MBA? It takes a substantial number of Indian candidates who already have an MBA. And, you should apply to LBS as well. I take it that you are looking at other options still even after the HEC admit?
01 May 2024, 11:48
Yes I am. I have not applied to lot of schools and HEC application I did on my own. Want to consider LBS and M7
11 Jan 2024, 09:09
How are European programs with second MBA's? is that something you have to explain or they are not as inquisitive as the US counterparts?
11 Jan 2024, 09:14
Second MBA is well understood and appreciated by EU schools. There are ample examples of students going for a second MBA to schools like LBS, INSEAD, IMD and HEC which makes logical sense since the average class work ex in on the higher side when compared to US schools.
30 Apr 2024, 09:19
How did LBS go?
30 Apr 2024, 09:35
I have not applied to LBS yet. checking if i have a decent shot at that or not
02 May 2024, 02:14
Check with them on the second MBA aspect. If LBS says ok to go ahead, then you can apply. It's a bit of a stretch, but worth a shot.
04 May 2024, 11:08
Yes i will ask them
08 May 2024, 07:41
Feel free to reach out if you want to chat: https://bit.ly/GM_AugAcd_Profile_Evaluation