Last visit was: 01 Jun 2024, 21:04 It is currently 01 Jun 2024, 21:04
4.3 years
India
Female
Score: Plan to take the GMAT
GPA: 7.9
Pre-MBA industry: Tech
Post-MBA industry: Consulting
Hello, I have been working in tech as a full-stack developer for the last 4+ years with a 2.5-year gap(preparing for UPSC). I am planning to take GMAT and target ISB for the next cohort. I am currently also researching LBS and LSE and I want to know if this is the right time to put my bets outside India. I plan to switch to Consulting / Finance / Product Management roles.
IIM (All Schools)
IIM Bangalore EPGP
18 days ago
Comments (2 comments)
22 May 2024, 07:03
Hi Nidhi, the gap is ok, as long as you have continuous employment for the last couple years at least. We can discuss this more, to understand the kind of impact the gap will have if it is more recent. Otherwise, get a good GMAT and you should be good to go with apps. About LBS - depends on your profile. If you have excellent (meaning top-tier) impact at work and in the community, then LBS may be a good app with a GMAT FE of about 685+. LSE does not offer MBAs, I think. I would advise that we can work on your shortlist based on what you get on your GMAT. Recruitment should hopefully be stronger at the time you graduate, which is at least 2.5 years from now. Reach out if you want to chat more. https://bit.ly/GM_AugAcd_Profile_Evaluation
15 May 2024, 16:18
Hi Nidhi,
well, post MBA recruitments have suffered everywhere, including in UK and therefore at LBS. We can hope that they will pick up by the time you are ready for recruitment two years later. ISB can be a safer bet and will help you to switch to any of the industries you have mentioned (depends on what roles you are targeting). That said, you will have to pinpoint one particular industry that you wish to work in post MBA and also show some transferable skills for that industry/role. Mentioning all 3 in your applications will make you come across as confused and unaware of your career aspirations, which will harm your candidature.
The 2.5 year gap should be explainable through an optional essay (many Indian MBA applicants try for UPSC, so it will not be unheard of by UK b-schools). The adcoms will want to see some personal/professional development during that time period.
Namita Garg
MBA Decoder
https://mbadecoder.com/services/free-pr ... valuation/
22 May 2024, 07:03
Hi Nidhi, the gap is ok, as long as you have continuous employment for the last couple years at least. We can discuss this more, to understand the kind of impact the gap will have if it is more recent. Otherwise, get a good GMAT and you should be good to go with apps. About LBS - depends on your profile. If you have excellent (meaning top-tier) impact at work and in the community, then LBS may be a good app with a GMAT FE of about 685+. LSE does not offer MBAs, I think. I would advise that we can work on your shortlist based on what you get on your GMAT. Recruitment should hopefully be stronger at the time you graduate, which is at least 2.5 years from now. Reach out if you want to chat more. https://bit.ly/GM_AugAcd_Profile_Evaluation