Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 15:18 It is currently 06 May 2024, 15:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants [#permalink]
check your spam filter- I know Kryzak had some problems too. Log on to your Kellogg account and check too.

gmat2gmat wrote:
Anyone got an email from K saying you need to contact your interviewer immediately or else you will forfeit your candidacy?

The thing is I never got an interviewer assigned to me? :?:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
yeah, my interview email never got to me. If I didn't log on to my Kellogg status to check, I would have missed it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
how did everyone's interviews go? I did a phone one and surprisingly got grilled for a bit. Def harder than my other alum interviews with other schools. Didn't do horribly, but it definitely did not go as well as I had hoped, did stumble somewhat on maybe 2/3 questions out of 10+.

By the way I am always amazed at people who remember all the questions after the interview, when they post it or whatever. As soon as the thing is over my mind goes blank and I can't remember jack, LOL.
Intern
Intern
 Q46  V41
Send PM
Just checked my status online... I am getting the following message:

"Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management.

The system is unable to determine your current status, please contact the admissions office at 847-491-3308 or mbaadmissions@kellogg.northwestern.edu for more information. "

Not sure what this means... anyone know? Waitlist/Ding i'm guessing :(
Intern
Intern
 Q46  V41
Send PM
FYI:

Applied R2
Interviewed end of January
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
westcoastMBA wrote:
FYI:

Applied R2
Interviewed end of January

I would check your status again later to be sure but from what I've seen, the message you referred to means either WL or Ding.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
DAK was super fun! I just got back from the closing ceremony. The caliber of people I've met is simply amazing. And what's even more impressive is that I haven't seen anyone that I didn't like or could not see myself in the same study group.

To all of Kellogg prospees: if you get accepted to Kellogg, make sure to attend DAK to make your decision. The experience is unbelievable.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
thank you for the quick summary nervous! I *hope* to be able to attend DAK in April, as if I do get into Kellogg, DAH and DAK (back to back weekends) will determine where I go.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Got home from Evanston a little while ago...a few things that I gathered from this weekend that is probably an interest to some of you. First the numbers they told us were rather shocking, the average GMAT was 721. Also I believe it was the dean of admissions who made a passing mention that we were "about the top 15%" not sure if this was a hint at the admission rate or not. They didnt give numbers on application increases but did say that they were way up this year. 40% of the admits were female, which is a pretty impressive number and I definitely noticed it was more balanced than on most campuses I visited.

I was pleasantly surprised about the facilities...everyone seems to say they are bad but I found them far better than MIT's which was my basis for horrible facilities. Yes they cant compete with someplace like GSB but the interior of the building isnt so bad...it is a big ugly concrete structure though. While they arent amazing they definitely are more than sufficient for me. Evanston is a great location though, everything I heard was true.

I must say that if you are married or bringing a significant other there probably isnt a better school for you. Beyond the obvious things they provide that are very different than most schools (only one I know that compares is Tuck) significant others can audit all classes that have room, they can use career services, join all the clubs...heck they can go on the class trips you take (consulting trips and stuff like that). My wife loved the JV group and the people she met, I think she is now more excited than I am since she gets to do all the fun parts of grad school without the real work. She was very impressed with how involved they all are with each other...moving across the country they immediately have their own network and it seems like everyone lives within a relatively small area of Evanston (probably a 5 block by 5 block area). I think the wives/gfs were pushing their significant others to go to Kellogg so they could be a part of it. I know my wife had even more fun than I did and is now even very excited about school verse being nervous about how it would fit in to her life. If you dont want to go to Kellogg dont let your wife go, one guys wife was actually saying she hopes he gets dinged by HBS because she doesnt picture it being as much fun for her.

I met very few people who were not sold on Kellogg by the end of the weekend, and those that werent definitely were leaning that way...more than a few said they were going to be turning down scholarships for it. (Kry one guy's wife told him he had to go to K over Haas because she wanted to go there despite the crappy weather). My only complaint about the weekend was we were too busy, I am seriously drained by all the stuff they threw at us. I went to EVERYTHING, if you go to DAK II dont be afraid to skip out on a few things...it might be less overwhelming.

Another great thing about the weekend was that I finally got to put faces and real names to a bunch of people from here too, CFAmiami, faceman, MBA2010, mgoblue2, apolloluna, and nervousgmat...as well as the future Mrs. Faceman, mgoblue2's girlfriend, and mba2010's boyfriend. Unfortunately with 200+ people and only two days I never figured out who jenjen and steel were, but I am sure if they end up there I will meet them.

Overall it was a great time and it completely reinforced that Kellogg is the perfect place for me and now its clear that its perfect for my wife too. Judging by my conversations this weekend we may have to add a few names to the matriculating list here too.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
Everyone who went to the DAK has already paid their deposit? or did people get to extend the deposit date seeing. On the website it states :-

Tuition deposit received by 4/2/2008
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I havent paid my deposit.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
I havent paid my deposit.

did you get an extension or is the deposit deadline different to what is on the website?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Deposit dates are

Round 1: April 2, 2008
Round 2: April 30, 2008
Round 3: Three weeks from date of admission
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
We *just* got home from DAK. There was a 1.5 hr delay for our flight home...but at least we made it out. It was great meeting everyone! I never caught up with Jenna, but jenjen was in my cohort.

I'm sending in my deposit and financial aid stuff later this week. Mailing the deposit for my apartment & furniture, too. SOLD.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
great report river! Haha, since Haas hasn't had it's Days at Haas yet (and it's after the 4/2 deadline, unfortunately), I don't know if that person's wife will get to compare Kellogg to Haas in terms of the partner's club.

It kinda sucks that even if I do get in, the DAK II is after Haas' deadline, so people would have to ask for extensions left and right no matter which round you apply to.

I like the Kellogg building. It's not great, but it's not bad either.

But from the intel you got, I am not sure if I'll get into Kellogg at all. Maybe that'll make my decision very easy. :)

Now the wait begins for R2 admits (which should start coming out this week or next week).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
kryzak wrote:
But from the intel you got, I am not sure if I'll get into Kellogg at all. Maybe that'll make my decision very easy. :)

I'm dragging that GMAT average down :P
Gotta remember to break up with Duke tomorrow.
I wish Northwestern weren't so...purple.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
haha, the purple is a bit... overwhelming...

Looks like you'll have a great time at Kellogg, mba2010! Too bad your bf won't be getting all the benefits from the school (unless he's moving there?)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  62   63   64   65   66  ...  100