Last visit was: 30 May 2024, 12:06 It is currently 30 May 2024, 12:06
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
CR Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 645 [0]
Given Kudos: 558
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Re: HBS ($0) vs. GSB (Free Tuition$$) [#permalink]
Can you wait until the fin aid decision from HBS to decide, just so you have all information available? My understanding is HBS aid is mostly non-negotiable; there are ops to apply for additional fellowships but it is extremely competitive.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73423 [0]
Given Kudos: 19035
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
HBS ($0) vs. GSB (Free Tuition$$) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Congratulations on the dilemma Hbsorbust1993

For GSB, I’m only familiar with Knight Hennessy….

do you qualify for need-based aid at HBS still with your banking background? It doesn’t sound like you would…

Hbsorbust1993 wrote:
Hi everyone,
I was admitted to both HBS and GSB. Received aid equivalent to tuition cost for GSB and $0 aid for HBS. The HBS figure is through the scholarship calculator (I’m not sure how close this figure is to the actual financial aid that comes after you accept admission).
I am recruiting for MF/UMM PE post-MBA. I am not URM. I have pre-MBA banking and buyside experience. I know it might be a no-brainer for some, but I would love to hear your thoughts. Please share if you have any tips on negotiating Aid. Thanks in advance.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
Kudos
Hey, happy to help.

The HBS calculator is for estimation only. However, in my case, it was quite close to the actual amount I got. They will literally require you to submit the similar documents to prove your financial situation and hence will calculate aid based on those. Therefore, if anything special or burdensome with your family (for example, I had to submit documents about my mother's health conditions and her expensive treatments in addition), you should also submit as one in the FinAid application.

In your case, if you got "not much" from the HBS calculator, it's an easy financial choice to go with GSB.

Also, curious how you got aid from GSB but not HBS. Is the GSB Aid other than need-based financial aid (for i.e, the Hennessy Knight, other fellowships...)?

GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1130 posts