Last visit was: 30 Apr 2024, 01:02 It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 01:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q170 V157
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Ask August Academy [#permalink]
Not that we know - you may get a better response if you post in the public forum, as that is accessed by a lot more folks!  All the best!
hemingala1408 wrote:
Has anyone applied to Stern@NYUAD JAN 2025 MBA program?

­
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Candidate: What is the appeal of an US/EU hashtag#MBA for hashtag#Indian internationals?

I understand that US/EU MBAs have a better global reputation and you earn in USD or Euro as opposed to INR but looking at the compensation packages from hashtag#IIM ABCK vs M7, it is actually better for Indian nationals to be in India as opposed to the US or Europe.

So why a US/EU MBA ? I’m trying to understand what’s worth the risk ?

My response:

I'm actually in favour of better job opportunities being created in India, and people staying back to build the hashtag#economy. But neither of them is happening yet - so here goes my reasoning for why a US MBA may be better:

1. ⁠Indian MBA's are a bit more theoretical for two reasons. First off, professors seem to prefer the theoretical approach.

Secondly, the class is relatively young, with very little hashtag#workexperience. If you don't have the exposure to appreciate what you are being taught, then the ability to absorb information goes down a bit.

Not commenting on the individual's intellectual abilities - just the fact that they wouldn't have had real world exposure.

2. ⁠Post-MBA jobs. Jobs are not only about the money.

We still live in the world where hashtag#innovation happens in the West. Companies are either headquartered in the West, or the clients who would be paying your firm (if you work for a services firm) would be Western companies.

As such, the good work and the decision making is done in the West, and the execution level work is done in India.

This may change in future - but for right now - do you want to be in the hashtag#driverseat?

There are advantages to being in India, which is why I decided to move back after my PhD in the US.

I counsel folks going abroad for their MBA's now, and every year, I work with several folks who already have an MBA from India, including from some IIM's, who wish to go abroad for a second MBA.

hashtag#consulting hashtag#productmanagement hashtag#finance hashtag#investmentbanking

hashtag#AugustAcademyAnswers

Want a profile evaluation? Sign up here: https://bit.ly/GM_AugAcd_Profile_Evaluation
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8