Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 21:21 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 21:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
I liked the noteboards. Big fat oversized pages, double sided, a little messy.

I'm wierd.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Friends,
Erasable boards are really "not that bad" you won't be stuck because of this thing. I wrote in Bangalore & found erasable boards quite good. Not sure about boards at other testing centers...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Just sent my letter [#permalink]
I have taken the test twice and I HATE these pens, why you ask:

1) when you write and overwrite that line will disapears, i.e. a if you draw a circle it will dissapear.
2) The grid on the notepad is distracting.
3) The note pad is big and awkward.

I hope more will mail Pearson!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi-
Can anyone please post the item numbers or links from officedepot (or ebay or whatever) with the writing pad and pen?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
do a google search for these two items and you'll be set...

The sheets are laminated legal size yellow graph paper.

Office Depot sells a GoWrite erasable pad that will get the job the done...not the same size and they're solid white, but it'll do...

The pens are STAEDTLER Lumocolor Wet Erase Overhead Transparency Markers, Fine Pt.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
i did google them, and searched Office Depot as well... I was not able to find the noteboard and the laminated paper. I did find the Steadlear pens though.

Can onyone give me an example link of the other two please?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
you won't find the actual noteboards (it's just one item - not two)

the GoWrite erasable sheets work great. if you really want to go for it, buy some yellow graph paper and have kinkos laminate it for you...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks consultinghookie.

https://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?lev ... ue&An=text

Also this one looks similar:
https://www.buy.com/prod/EASEL_PAD_WHITE ... 00713.html

I think I will get this and the steadtler pen. Laminating at Kinkos is going to be more expensive. I am not sure how gmac saves money doing this rather than giving the papers and pencil. I am sure most people would not mind getting plain paper from home if they are concerned about cost.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
walletless wrote:
Thanks consultinghookie.

https://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?lev ... ue&An=text

Also this one looks similar:
https://www.buy.com/prod/EASEL_PAD_WHITE ... 00713.html

I think I will get this and the steadtler pen. Laminating at Kinkos is going to be more expensive. I am not sure how gmac saves money doing this rather than giving the papers and pencil. I am sure most people would not mind getting plain paper from home if they are concerned about cost.

Seems like more of a security issue than cost. Perhaps some people were bringing in their own paper and copying down problems in the past.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It wasn't that bad for me..... [#permalink]
Hi guys!
I have to say, it was good to be forwarned about the eraseable noteboards, and I went into the exam expecting the worst......but it really wasn't too bad at all.

I wrote the exam in Ontario, Canada.
I was given a spiral bound "pad" of about 5 pages.
You can write on both sides.
I was given 2 markers, which the lovely woman tested before handing them over.
When I wanted an additional "pad", I just raised my hand and she took the used one and gave me a fresh one.

I suspect this is less of a cost cutting measure and more of a security device. People are weird. I'm sure there are some who'd pay the exam fee, copy down the questions and try to sell them....even though it is a CAT, and there are TONS of different questions you could possibly get.
( Honestly, just use the GMATPrep - I got some VERY similar questions, and I swear that one was exactly the same!)

One proviso - I can see how there may be some issues for the lefties out there........
Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gmat noteboard replica kit [#permalink]
Hey, I found this site: https://www.testdayscratch.com . They sell a noteboard just like what is used in the test center with the same pen for $25.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 930 [0]
Send PM
Re: gmat noteboard replica kit [#permalink]
apeterson wrote:
Hey, I found this site: https://www.testdayscratch.com . They sell a noteboard just like what is used in the test center with the same pen for $25.

Forumers, please have a look at this website.

Is the notepad used in the exam really similar to the picture on that website?
Thanks!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 785 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
looks yellow... but the ruling of paper seems different... and can't make out the pen very well...

IMO doesn't worth $25 at all... buy some paper for $2 and laminate 5 pages for $1 per page and get eraseable marker for $3... TOTAL is more than 1/2 less than $25... and no shipping costs :lol:

save the money and noteboards are NOT a big deal!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I appreciate the heads up on this and now I am even more scared of taking it!!!

So what's the deal? We can bring our own dryerase board and pen/marker but cannot bring our own, or be given, regular blank cheaps of paper?!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm taking the GMAT for the first and hopefully last time next week and am nervous about the marker and laminated sheets. Are the markers pointed or will it get blobby. Do they smudge easily and is it a distraction? Basically, I need to know if I need to practice on a mockup so as to keep my confidence up. Any advice is appreciated.

Can we ask for additional notepads before we start the test? Will they accommodate. I've heard that some people have been successful but I don't know if its against policy or not.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Fight the Noteboards [#permalink]
I've read the posts on the subject and wanted to throw in my 2c:

While I agree that the noteboards can be a cause of heartburn for some people, I think the most important point for each test taker is to be mentally prepared for the setup (overall, not just the notebaords) before going to the test center. I've taken the test twice - first time with ETS, using paper and pencil, and then with Vue, using the noteboards. I honestly dont think the noteboards make that much of a difference. Like someone said earlier, any external factor can have a psychological impact on the test taker - it could be the awful cologne worn by the person in the adjacent desk, noise from the AC units, etc. During my second test, I had to endure a somewhat sick student who was coughing most of the time - the earplugs could only do so much.

The best strategy is to tune out all the extraneous factors and focus on the test. Specifically for the noteboards, I'd suggest using a similar setup on your very last practice test at home just to get a feel for it. About the only concern I really had with the noteboards was that all my fingers were soaked in ink by the time I was done - and the ink doesnt wash off easily.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
New to this forum...

Is the pen different at different test locations ? I have a dry erase pen which is probably for a white board.

what make / model is this pen ?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4