Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 13:24 It is currently 08 May 2024, 13:24

Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 22, 24
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Feb 22, 24
"1. tell me about yourself 2. why mba 3. why anderson 4. what clubs you wanna join 5. a time you were challenged at work 6. your strengths and weaknesses 7. questions for the interviewer very chill and engaging conversation"
This user wants to stay Private
China
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 14, 23
Online with Adcom
Interviewed on:
Nov 8, 23
"Hi guys, had my interview this morning, here are the questions: 1. Walk me through your resume 2. Why MBA and why now? 3. Why Anderson? 4. What skills will Anderson help you develop? 5. Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge at work 6. How will you contribute to Anderson? 7. Any questions for the interviewer - last bit."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 14, 23
Online with Student
Interviewed on:
Nov 7, 23
"I had the interview with international second-year student today. These are the questions I remember: – Walk me through your resume. – What are your career goals? – What is your plan B? – Why Anderson? – Tell me about your biggest challenges at work – Tell me about your team work experience – How would you contribute to Anderson community – Questions for me?"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 23, 23
Interviewed on:
Feb 21, 23
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I was interviewed by a Second year student. The interviewer introduced himself, spoke a bit about his background and told me about how much of my application is visible to him. 1. Tell me about yourself or walk me through your resume. 2. What are your Short Term and Long Term goals? At the end of my answer he repeated and confirmed what he understood and took notes. (I had answered how I would leverage the job skills provided by UCLA's Career team and the clubs at Anderson to achieve my ST goal. So he said that we can skip the "How will you contribute to UCLA" question) 3. Why MBA? 4. Why UCLA? 5.Which companies am I looking to join after the MBA? 6. Given that an MBA at UCLA would need working in teams, how will you use your strengths to ensure that the desired outcomes are achieved as a team? He was noting down a few points as I spoke. Then, he asked if I had any Questions for him. 1. What clubs he is a part of? His role and the number of events he conducted as executive VP of his club. 2. His career before the MBA and why he wanted to do an MBA? 3. Coolest place on campus and why? 4. Electives that he has taken and why? Since our post MBA goals matched, he was very attentive. Overall the interview was very casual and the interviewer was very friendly and polite."
3 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 12, 22
Off Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Nov 9, 22
"Mine was with a 2nd year student. She quickly introduced herself and went straight to the questions. 1. Walk me thru your resume. 2. Career goals. She asked me to elaborate a few things because of my military background. 3. Why MBA? Why Anderson? 4. How will you contribute to Anderson? 5. What clubs will you join? 6. TMA a time that you used your skills to help out your teammates. I gave her my example and she wanted to know if I ever did that as a follower, not a leader. 7. Any questions for me? I wish that she is a bit more engaged. Overall, pretty straightforward."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 26, 22
Off Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Oct 26, 22
"The interview was with a 2nd year student, Alejandra Perez. She introduced herself by giving a few details about her background. 1. Tell me about yourself and walk me through your resume - I answered both the questions with a single answer 2. Anderson is a student led community. How would like to contribute to Anderson? 3. Why MBA? - I answered this question and she asked a follow up saying "Why now?" 4. my Post MBA goals - she had my application with her and verified if I selected the same in the application Behavioral questions 1. All the courses here include team projects. Describe your experience of when you worked in a team and resolved a conflict with your teammates 2. Continuing on the team question, I would like to know an instance when you used your skills and helped your team/teammates achieve their goals. After I gave my answer, she asked me to elaborate on a few things and I did Questions I asked her 1. About one of the VP positions she is in and what's her job responsibilities 2. One question about her pre-MBA background. I mentioned that even I am interested in that sector, that is why I want to know more details She asked me if there is anything I wanted to mention before ending the interview. She was noting down a few points while I was speaking. I think she tried to maintain a poker face throughout the interview. I couldn't really understand how my interview went actually."
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Mar 8, 22
Off Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Feb 23, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Had a lovely conversational interview with a 2nd year student, a majority of the questions were pretty general: 1. Why MBA? 2. Why Anderson / what clubs interest you? 3. Short term & long term goals? 4. Experiences or projects that you had the opportunity to showcase any technical or analytical skills? 5. Biggest challenge at work? There were also some follow ups that were asked based on some of my responses and time at the end for questions. If you log in a bit early, maybe 15 mins, you might be able to see the name of your interviewer to do a quick LinkedIn search just to understand their background. I was able to do so prior to our interview while I was in the Zoom waiting room. Good luck!"
United States
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 24, 22
Interviewed on:
Feb 24, 22
"Interviewed for 30mins: 1. Tell me about yourself and a bit about your resume. 2. Why do you want to do an MBA now? 3. Why Anderson? 4. What are your ST and LT goals? 5. What would be your plan B? 6. Describe a time/situation when you had to handle diversity in your team? 7. Questions for the interviewer (since we did not have enough time) Good luck everyone!"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 7, 22
Interviewed on:
Jan 21, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted from WL
"It was pretty basic. The interviewer asked me to walk him through my resume and then had a few follow-up questions. He asked me a question about how I handle conflicts and a question about my biggest achievement so far. Rest were just follow ups to that. Last question was regarding how I would add value to the Anderson Community."
5 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 1, 22
Off Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Feb 1, 22
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I joined the zoom link 10 mins before the scheduled start time, and after 2-3 mins of waiting, got the message (on my zoom screen) that I will be admitted to the waiting room of "my interviewer name". I used the remaining 6-7 mins to look up my interviewer on LinkedIn and find out about their background (to help me think of more relevant questions to ask towards the end). The interview began at the very second the clock struck the scheduled time. My interviewer started with a basic introduction about their background. And then we straight away dove into the questions: 1. Tell me about yourself and a bit about your resume. 2. Why do you want to do an MBA now? 3. Why Anderson? 4. What are your ST and LT goals? 5. What would be your plan B? 6. Describe a time/situation when you had to handle diversity in your team? 7. Describe a time/situation when you created impact within/outside your team? 8. Which clubs would you join at Anderson? 9. How would you contribute to Anderson and how do you plan to derive value out of the resources available at Anderson? 10. Any questions for the interviewer? I was nervous in the beginning (fearing my interviewer would lose interest in my stories, etc.), but then I employed some basic hand gestures/movements to reiterate the points where I wanted to create a focussed impact, and thankfully saw my interviewer maintain an interested and curious look throughout the duration of my answer. On the whole, it was a very relaxed and friendly experience."
6.5 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 31, 22
Off Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Feb 1, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted from WL
"The interview was over Zoom with a second-year student. He was friendly and the interview was conversational, he kept on adding points or agreeing with what I said. Below are the questions : 1) Talk about yourself. 2) In the first question I said I worked on ML in analytics, he asked how did that happen? Is it self-taught or trained ? 3) Why MBA and Why Anderson? 4) Short-term and long-term goals? Any location preference post MBA? 5) Leadership experience, how do I keep the team motivated, and how it functions? 6) I told all Senior level people in the team are based out of the USA, so the question was has it been difficult to work in that setup, or is it not? How has my experience been? 7) How will I get involved in the Anderson community? In what all clubs/ activities I am planning on participating? 8) Any questions for me? Overall good experience, probably the best among all the interviews I have had. All the best :)"
6.6 years
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 24, 22
Interviewed on:
Jan 24, 22
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Just interviewed with a second-year student over Zoom. The interviewer was really friendly and engaging. It felt conversational and he frequently provided his feedback after I answered each question, which definitely eased my nerves. The questions he asked are: -Tell me about yourself -Why MBA -Why now -What are you short term & long term goals -What is your plan B? (I said I want to do management consulting at a MBB firm and he emphasized how it is really competitive and what I would do if I don't get a spot at an MBB firm) -Tell me about a time you had a conflict in a team and how you resolved it -Tell me about a time you used your strength to create a positive impact in a team -What will you contribute to Anderson -What EC clubs do you plan to join at Anderson The last ~ 5-10 minutes were open for me to ask questions"
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Nov 15, 21
Off Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Nov 15, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Casual interview with second year student Walk me through your resume Tell me about why you want to do an MBA and why now? What are your short and long term goals? Tell me about a time you handled conflict within a team Why anderson instead of other top ranked schools? Really casual interview, think it was more about fit than anything else wanted to know why Anderson over other Bschools"
5.4 years
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 27, 21
Interviewed on:
Oct 27, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"Had an interview with a current 2nd-year student. She is really nice and lovely. It was a very conversational two-way chat and the interviewer was very engaged. We only had about 30 minutes for the discussion (she tried to aim for 30 minutes as much as she could). Questions: 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Why MBA? Why now? 3. ST & LT Goals 4. How will you contribute to Anderson? 5. Tell me about a time you have managed differences at work. Follow-up question: How did you feel about this experience? 6. Tell me about your strength and how that helped your team in achieving their goals + Questions at the end for the interviewer. Overall thought: she was very nice, and she shared a lot of her experiences at Anderson while being able to follow up with questions about my experience. It made me feel like I was a student at Anderson talking to a classmate!"
Singapore
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 13, 21
Off Campus with Student
Interviewed on:
Feb 12, 21
"Had a virtual interview with a current student. The interviewer had a list of questions to go through and did not introduce themselves as such and the interview wasn't very conversational. So be prepared accordingly - as I ended up a bit nervous which affected the rest of the interview. Questions: 1) Walk me through your resume. 2) Why MBA and why now? 3) Why Anderson? How will you contribute? 4) Short Term, Long term goals 5) Career plan B 6) Tell me about a time you worked in a diverse environment. 7) Tell me about a time you worked in a team and how you helped them. + Questions at the end for the interviewer."
India
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Feb 4, 21
Interviewed on:
Feb 2, 21
Final Decision:
Admitted
"I just had my interview yesterday with a 2nd year student. He was extremely friendly helpful and the interview was like a chat between friends. 30 minutes for the entire interview. Questions were quite typical: - Walk through resume - Why Anderson - Future career plan, short- and long-term - What I could contribute to Anderson - Tell about a time working in a diverse team He was very nice not interrupting me when I was rambling about my plan. Very cool guy. We had great discussion about healthcare industry at the end of the interview. Hope you guys will have great performance."
Viet Nam
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Feb 2, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I had my interview yesterday. The questions are similar to what had been shared, including: - Walk me through your resume - Why MBA now? - Why Anderson? - What can you contribute to Anderson's community (clubs)? - Tell a time you worked in a diverse team. - Tell a time your team had a conflict and how you dealt with it."
Viet Nam
Full Time MBA
Interviewed on:
Feb 2, 21
Final Decision:
Interviewed
"I had my interview last night (after the session). Almost all questions where familiar to me and what I heard before in the session: - Walk me through your CV - Why MBA - Why Anderson - Difficult colleague to deal with at work - Experience in working with a diverse team Hope that's helpful. My interviewer was very nice."
United Kingdom
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Jan 26, 21
Interviewed on:
Jan 26, 21
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"Very casual chat with a 2nd year student at Anderson. The interviewer was extremely friendly and made sure that I felt comfortable about sharing my story. 1. Walk me through your resume? 2. Why MBA? 3. Why now? 4. Short term goal? any plan B? 5. How will you contribute to Anderson? 6. What about LA are you excited about? 7. Tell me about a time you led a diverse team? 8. Do you have any questions for me? - I asked him about his career and Anderson experience."
3.3 years
Full Time MBA
Debrief posted on  Oct 28, 20
Interviewed on:
Oct 27, 20
Final Decision:
Waitlisted with Interview
"Interviewed with an MBA2. Interview went for 45 min. The interview started on a very light note with her sharing about the hobbies(that she read from my resume) we had in common and asking a few casual questions about favorite books and genre. Q1. Walk me through your resume. Q2. Why MBA? Q3. ST and LT goals? Q4. Why did you chose Anderson? Q5. What clubs would you contribute to at Anderson? Q6. Tell about a time you face differences at work and how did you tackle it? Q7. Tell about a time you used your strength that befitted your team. Q8. Tell me about a time you failed. Q9. Any questions? The interviewer was super friendly and responded to all the responses very empathatically. Very little cross questioning was there. I remember once when I was talking about involvement in a club, she asked me who I talked to in that club; and a coupke of time she stopped me coz I was going on endlessly with my responses."
India