It is currently 20 May 2024, 06:01
3 years
Pakistan
Male
Score: 334 GRE
GPA: 3.44
Pre-MBA industry: Consumer Products
Post-MBA industry: Consulting
Post-MBA short-term goal is to pivot to consulting (MBB or otherwise), long-term goal is to set up my own information services firm. Region agnostic.

Three year WE at matriculation, currently 2.2 years, got two fast-track promotions to a leadership role in my previous organization (renowned expert network). Moved to a big tobacco firm in August and responsible for overseeing their new category expansion in Japanese market.
Mendoza
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Early Decision
AppliedSep 1, 23
AcceptedDec 4, 23
Scholarship75%
Jones Rice
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 2
WaitlistedMar 20, 24
Comments (3 comments)
15 Sep 2023, 22:11
Really? All the adcoms I talked with said that they're gre/gmat agnostic. Is it actually true that they don't hand out higher scholarships to students who gave gre? Should I give gmat then?
15 Sep 2023, 07:43
The GRE is pretty solid and given that you come from an underrepresented pool, you can aim for other top schools that do a good job in consulting such as Ross, Darden and potentially even Kellogg. NYU also has a strong affinity for candidates with lower work exp so may have that and Cornell on the radar as well.
15 Sep 2023, 19:16
These all seem like safety/scholarship schools…

I am not sure if schools will be giving as many scholarships for GRE but your score is up there. Worth checking with programs such as UNC and maybe Fuqua or Tepper and maybe a leg up too.
15 Sep 2023, 22:11
Really? All the adcoms I talked with said that they're gre/gmat agnostic. Is it actually true that they don't hand out higher scholarships to students who gave gre? Should I give gmat then?