It is currently 19 May 2024, 11:16
10.8 years
India
Male
Score: 645 GMAT Focus
Pre-MBA industry: Non-Profit and Government
Post-MBA industry: Tech
Hi,
I am a Senior Scientist in the Department of Atomic Energy, having more than 10+ years of experience in R&D and product development.
My GMAT FE score is 645
I have a CGPA of 7.8/10 in B.Tech and a CGPA of 8.9 in M.Tech.
I have worked on the development of indigenous products for the government and led/been part-of multi-agency teams (Private and Government) involved in the design, production and QA of the in-house develoepd technologies.
I feel that I can contribute more as a manager if I could get a formal education in management. I am already a postgraduate in tech (M.Tech), and thus,
As I have 10+ years of experience, can it be a negative for some schools?
Is this GMAT score enough for IIM-A/B/C and ISB for getting shortlisted for the interview ?
ISB
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 1
IIM (All Schools)
IIM Ahmedabad PGPX
1 month ago
IIM (All Schools)
IIM Bangalore EPGP
1 month ago
Comments (4 comments)
17 Dec 2023, 21:53
Thank you bb.
A good suggestion indeed. I will get in touch with the AdComs. What would be the best way to get in touch with them ? Through email or Shall I attend events online, and then get in touch with one of them ?
16 Dec 2023, 15:12
Hi. Great accomplishments. 10 Years is not a big concern in Europe so you can definitely leverage your experience to get a job.

The main question would be how to transition from something as specific Gov R&D to Tech. Perhaps you can draw some parallels and find a way to be a strong PM candidate.

if you are good at standardized testing, you may want to leverage that. Top programs have been picky about people with score waivers, denying the large majority of them. Usually a waiver at LBS requires a CFA level 2 at least or another certification as a replacement. You may want to spend some time on the schools' website and google to figure out if your qualifications and accomplishments. different schools have different rules.

In terms what would be a good score, anything above 710 is good for Europe and obviously if you can get a 750+, you will be eligible for a nice scholarship potentially.
16 Dec 2023, 21:24
Thank you for the response bb.
Presently I don't have those kind of certifications, so I guess GMAT / GRE is the only way to get in. I have been part of the entire process of product development, which also included PM role and as you rightly recommended, a good profile focusing on the same can be built.
Let's see how it goes. Thank you again for the evaluation and building this platform. It's amazing.
16 Dec 2023, 23:18
I would probably still check with AdCom if you are targeting specific schools - who knows, they may waive it. Things change year to year and round to round. It does not hurt to check professionally ;-)
17 Dec 2023, 21:53
Thank you bb.
A good suggestion indeed. I will get in touch with the AdComs. What would be the best way to get in touch with them ? Through email or Shall I attend events online, and then get in touch with one of them ?