It is currently 20 May 2024, 13:10
2.6 years
India
Male
Score: 700 GMAT Classic
GPA: 3.6
Pre-MBA industry: Manufacturing
Post-MBA industry: Consulting
After my undergraduate , I worked for a French MNC for a year (Engineer Manufacturing)

Then I joined my family business in Projects Department ...

GMAT Classic:
First Attempt 540 (Q49 V15) --> last attempt 700 (Q49 V36)

Short term goal - Work as consultant for few years after MBA

Long term goal - Return to India for strengthening my family Business

Target region - Both US & European schools
HEC Paris
January Intake
4 months ago
Round 1
IESE
Full Time MBA
4 months ago
IE
January Intake Class of
4 months ago
IMD
Full Time MBA
4 months ago
Tepper
Full Time MBA
4 months ago
Fuqua
Full Time MBA
4 months ago
Foster
Full Time MBA
4 months ago
Goizueta
Full Time MBA
4 months ago
Kelley
Full Time MBA
4 months ago
Ross Michigan
Full Time MBA
4 months ago
McDonough
Full Time MBA
4 months ago
Olin St. Louis
Full Time MBA
4 months ago
Comments (2 comments)
28 Dec 2023, 11:48
Hello Kavin!

Hope you're well! There are a few key things that we need to consider as a part of our application to international schools -
GMAT Score - Your GMAT Score is really good at 700 which is good for the schools you're targeting.
Previous Work Experience - You have worked with a french MNC which greatly adds to the value of your work, however, I would need more details about the 2.6 years of your work experience to help you highlight important parts in your application.
Post Study Goals - Your post MBA (short term) goals is currently Consulting which is the case for a lot of candidates. Make sure to have a special backing for why you want to get into consulting and how your current experience will help you get into it!
International / Volunteering Experience - Since you work for a French MNC, you must have experience of working with International Clients. This could be essential when you're presenting your profile! Finally, highlight any social initiatives you have undertaken along side your work and academics.

Make sure also to highlight your awards and any kind of recognitions you have received so far!

You could also consider other colleges with this score and experience. Let me know if you need to have a detailed chat! Feel free to reach out to me!

Regards,
Mrunal Deo
Founder - Involve Consulting
Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/in/mrunaldeo1509/
E - contact@involve- consulting.com
28 Dec 2023, 11:25
@Kavin_K - GMAT is a bit low for some programs, considering the Indian Male perspective, and given that your # of years of experience isn't quite high. However, would like to understand your work-ex and family business experience better (e.g. which functions/ domains did you handle, what was the impact/ result etc.) to assess the overall strength of the profile.

It'd be important to also have a strong narrative as to why consulting, and how the MBA can help with your plans.

Feel free to reach out through the link(s) below for a deeper chat.

Regards,
Arvind
Founder, admitStreet | HEC Paris MBA alum & Admissions Interviewer
W: https://admitstreet.com | LinkedIn | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
28 Dec 2023, 11:48
Hello Kavin!

Hope you're well! There are a few key things that we need to consider as a part of our application to international schools -
GMAT Score - Your GMAT Score is really good at 700 which is good for the schools you're targeting.
Previous Work Experience - You have worked with a french MNC which greatly adds to the value of your work, however, I would need more details about the 2.6 years of your work experience to help you highlight important parts in your application.
Post Study Goals - Your post MBA (short term) goals is currently Consulting which is the case for a lot of candidates. Make sure to have a special backing for why you want to get into consulting and how your current experience will help you get into it!
International / Volunteering Experience - Since you work for a French MNC, you must have experience of working with International Clients. This could be essential when you're presenting your profile! Finally, highlight any social initiatives you have undertaken along side your work and academics.

Make sure also to highlight your awards and any kind of recognitions you have received so far!

You could also consider other colleges with this score and experience. Let me know if you need to have a detailed chat! Feel free to reach out to me!

Regards,
Mrunal Deo
Founder - Involve Consulting
Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/in/mrunaldeo1509/
E - contact@involve- consulting.com