It is currently 19 May 2024, 14:03
6.3 years
Chile
Score: Waiver
GPA: 3.52
Pre-MBA industry: Finance
Post-MBA industry: Finance
Hi! What do you think are my odds for the 2 round of fuqua, cornell and ross? Also, what should i do to convert the WL on Stern and GT. I have a finance background (some years in FP&a), also i have worked within major corporations among different industries in my country. i also have a bunch of extracurricular activities that i put in the essays.
Kenan-Flagler
Full Time MBA
27 days ago
Round 3
AcceptedApr 22, 24
Scholarship50%
Marshall (USC)
Full Time MBA
29 days ago
Round 2
AppliedDec 30, 23
AcceptedApr 13, 24
Scholarship25%
Johnson (Cornell)
Full Time MBA
29 days ago
Round 2
AppliedJan 3, 24
WaitlistedMar 15, 24
Fuqua
Full Time MBA
29 days ago
Round 2
AppliedJan 6, 24
WaitlistedApr 11, 24
Simon
Full Time MBA
4 months ago
Round 1
AcceptedDec 6, 23
Scholarship50%
Stern
Full Time MBA
4 months ago
Round 1
WaitlistedDec 24, 23
McDonough
Full Time MBA
4 months ago
Round 1
WaitlistedDec 8, 23
Comments
08 Jan 2024, 21:05
Hi. It is tricky to judge the application without a score or seeing a resume, but I will give you my best shot:
1. Being from LATAM, you are in an advantage. Schools like LATAM candicates. One AdCom member told me they consider them strong alums who are proud of their school and good to have
2. Staying within Finance is a positive
3. Your decision will be resting just on your work experience and GPA (hopefully the GPA is competitive)
4. Extra Curriculars only matter if you have achieved a lot. Reading books, traveling, or sailing is usually not very valuable unless you are sailing in the world cup (whatever it is called) or you are traveling to Somalia with humanitarian missions.

Seeing Stern as a WL and Simon with 50%, I am guessing a WL at Fuqua and I think Admit at Johnson but no $$

That's my crappy eval. (At the same time we have seen people get into HBS and WL'ed at Haas, WL'ed at Fuqua, Dinged at Stern and admitted at Kellogg). It's been an odder year than usual. Not having a score makes the adcom extra attention to the other few indicators they have. Make sure you do plenty of interview prep!
08 Jan 2024, 21:05
Hi. It is tricky to judge the application without a score or seeing a resume, but I will give you my best shot:
1. Being from LATAM, you are in an advantage. Schools like LATAM candicates. One AdCom member told me they consider them strong alums who are proud of their school and good to have
2. Staying within Finance is a positive
3. Your decision will be resting just on your work experience and GPA (hopefully the GPA is competitive)
4. Extra Curriculars only matter if you have achieved a lot. Reading books, traveling, or sailing is usually not very valuable unless you are sailing in the world cup (whatever it is called) or you are traveling to Somalia with humanitarian missions.

Seeing Stern as a WL and Simon with 50%, I am guessing a WL at Fuqua and I think Admit at Johnson but no $$

That's my crappy eval. (At the same time we have seen people get into HBS and WL'ed at Haas, WL'ed at Fuqua, Dinged at Stern and admitted at Kellogg). It's been an odder year than usual. Not having a score makes the adcom extra attention to the other few indicators they have. Make sure you do plenty of interview prep!