Pre-MBA industry: Non-Profit and Government
Post-MBA industry: Consulting
Stanford GSB
Full Time MBA
15 days ago
Round 1
Comments
04 Feb 2024, 19:34
Wow. That is one amazing GRE score - usually that is one of the challenges SOF folks face.
BSchools love SOF operators and the value they bring to programs. I am not sure if you are able to fund it all via GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon but you can add some programs that may have very strong consulting placements and offer scholarships. HBS and Stanford only offer need-based aid (which you may or many not qualify - you can use the HBS calculator if you want to check it upfront).

If you are looking for a role in Consulting, actually the T15's have the strongest placement numbers, so you wont necessarily perform worse if you attend one of those programs instead of HSW (though no reason to if you do get into HSW and it is paid for)
https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-mba-pro ... 21312.html

Let me know if any further questions - happy to help. Have a number of folks here you may want to reach out Milpilot16 is one for example (HBS admit) and has leveraged the military mentoring program and connections with veterans to strengthen his applications.

Thank you for your sacrifices and your service.
-BB
04 Feb 2024, 19:34
Wow. That is one amazing GRE score - usually that is one of the challenges SOF folks face.
BSchools love SOF operators and the value they bring to programs. I am not sure if you are able to fund it all via GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon but you can add some programs that may have very strong consulting placements and offer scholarships. HBS and Stanford only offer need-based aid (which you may or many not qualify - you can use the HBS calculator if you want to check it upfront).

If you are looking for a role in Consulting, actually the T15's have the strongest placement numbers, so you wont necessarily perform worse if you attend one of those programs instead of HSW (though no reason to if you do get into HSW and it is paid for)
https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-mba-pro ... 21312.html

Let me know if any further questions - happy to help. Have a number of folks here you may want to reach out Milpilot16 is one for example (HBS admit) and has leveraged the military mentoring program and connections with veterans to strengthen his applications.

Thank you for your sacrifices and your service.
-BB