It is currently 20 May 2024, 04:25
4.5 years
India
Male
Score: 595 GMAT Focus
GPA: 73%
Pre-MBA industry: Other
Post-MBA industry: Other
After 4 years in waste management industry, I am the plant manager and have completed 5 projects related to solid waste and 2 of biomedical waste. I have a years experience at my company's manufacturing plant, I helped design and commission the machinery.
My experience is very extensive as I do almost everything for the company like presentations, filling tenders and maintaining accounts of the site other than handling the site itself. The projects are of more than 7 figures in USD and I have numerous instances where i have made impact on the work being done and handling teams. My GMAT is 595 on the focus edition, on all 6 of the official mock, I was scoring 96 on the Verbal section but on the test day I just couldn't focus because I was sick.
Post MBA i want to start my firm catering to the problem of waste management in Africa.
I have held leadership positions during my bachelor's degree and during that time I was involved with a NGO for spreading education.
ESADE
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
1st deadline
IESE
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 1
Rotterdam
International Full Time MBA
1 month ago
April Round
AppliedApr 1, 24
Ross Michigan
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 1
Imperial College
Full Time MBA
1 month ago
Round 1
Comments (8 comments)
18 Apr 2024, 06:59
You have a unique story, and I would like to learn more. You will need a higher GMAT score to target the colleges you have in mind (except maybe RSM and Imperial) - but even here another 50 points on the Focus will help.

Feel free to reach out if you want to chat more. https://bit.ly/GM_AugAcd_Profile_Evaluation
10 Apr 2024, 10:09
You have a very unique and strong background. I think you have a strong story that would appeal to business schools.

However, you have to keep in mind that a low score can keep you out of the program. When N.B. program admits someone with a low score, it’s a liability that impact rankings, and other stats for them which has long-term implications. Also when you’re applying this late in the season, it’s gonna be hard to fill the remaining spots and find any scholarship funding to offset the cost.

It would be a much stronger play for you to spend the months or maybe less to retake your GMAT and apply in round one this assumes you can wait till round one…
10 Apr 2024, 10:25
Thank you! I'll be taking the GMAT again and will try to get a better score, what could be target schools if i get 645 or something close to it and apply in the first round and what if I apply with this score?
10 Apr 2024, 10:27
I would look at the average scores and I would say your target programs would be the ones where they averages around 680 on the old scale. You can maybe try average of 700 which would be equivalent of 645-655.

Ross would not fit that description unfortunately but the European school would.

I would also consider what is your priority. Do you want to potentially get a full scholarship. In that case a higher score is very important to make yourself as attractive as possible and the net case, spending a few more months and likely a few more bucks on GMAT prep can result into Significant savings. I would also consider your strengths and weaknesses and consider taking the GRE to see which test you can maximize. Then depending on your priorities, rank versus scholarship you can choose a variety of programs.

I’m in if you’re busy and don’t want to bother with it, I understand and the net case you can pay the full price and move on with your life but if you don’t mind saving $150,000, then you’ll need to put in some concerted effort. You would have to spend a few hours a day, preferably in the morning, completely focusing on every little detail and nuance of the GRE or GMAT.
10 Apr 2024, 10:51
I'll take the GMAT again!
11 Apr 2024, 04:22
HI Chrisaryan, I am going to agree with BB on the GMAT bit- as an Indian applicant you simply need a higher GMAT score (think ~700 for European b-schools and 730+ for American b-schools on the GMAT classic scale). If GMAT is not working out too well, think of trying the GRE.
Sustainability is a big thing at b-schools, and some of them - both American and European ones- have academic and extra-curricular offerings around the subject. From that perspective, you have chosen some right MBA programs. B-schools such as RSM start their deadlines in the beginning of the year, so they would be good to apply to. My suggestion is to apply to fresh application cycles wherever the first 2-3 application deadlines have already passed.
Regarding your goals- while they are ok, put some more thought into them. Is there a reason you wish to work in Africa? DO you have prior experience there? If not, starting up a new business in a new country/continent may not be viable because of a lack of network there. It may also not make financial sense as you will likely end up spending huge wads of $$$ on your MBA (add loans to that). Most MBA applicants want to recover that money / pay the loans before becoming entrepreneurs. I don't know your financial situation- but I am pointing out some common scenarios that apply to many other applicants, just in case you did not think about these already.
Feel free to reach out for a more detailed profile evaluation.

Namita Garg,
Founder, MBA Decoder
Email: contact@mbadecoder.com
Profile evaluation: https://mbadecoder.com/services/free-pr ... valuation/
11 Apr 2024, 04:32
thank you, I have searched for the scope and have a person there, I want to get into a good school in the EU.
11 Apr 2024, 04:34
I'll be taking the GMAT again and applying for the next intake, but as it stands do i have a chance at any good university?
18 Apr 2024, 06:59
You have a unique story, and I would like to learn more. You will need a higher GMAT score to target the colleges you have in mind (except maybe RSM and Imperial) - but even here another 50 points on the Focus will help.

Feel free to reach out if you want to chat more. https://bit.ly/GM_AugAcd_Profile_Evaluation