Last visit was: 21 May 2024, 07:49 It is currently 21 May 2024, 07:49
10 years
India
Female
Score: 695 GMAT Focus
GPA: 4
Pre-MBA industry: Manufacturing
Post-MBA industry: Consulting
My Short term post MBA goal is to go into consulting industry and in long term move into public policy formulation

I have an experience of 10 years in Oil & Gas industry [Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd] 4 years as a Maintenance Engineer and 6 years in Procurement & Inventory management. I have received 3 promotions in a span of 10 years. I am the first female employee to have handled refinery maintenance jobs at my location and yet received Outstanding achievement award.

I have prepared for UPSC exam for 3 years, reached the interview stage but could not qualify.

Notable academic achievements
All India rank 48 in GATE exam

Extra cirriculars
As a team of 4 people, we conducted free GATE coaching classes to economically challenged people of my college for a period of 3 years.

I was actively involved in CSR project of my company for a period of 1 year - identifying beneficiaries and finalising the methodology of support

While in HPCL I have hosted an international refiners conference for which I have received an appreciation letter from Executive Director. My public speaking skills were well appreciated and I was given chance to host 4 major events of HPCL.

Looking for M7 colleges in US
Booth
Full Time MBA
20 days ago
Round 1
Wharton
Full Time MBA
20 days ago
Round 1
Comments (4 comments)
02 May 2024, 02:16
I can sense that you have interesting elements in your profile. Your GMAT isn't supportive of a T12 application at this point. Feel free to reach out if you want to chat more: https://bit.ly/GM_AugAcd_Profile_Evaluation
30 Apr 2024, 21:02
You have good strong profile and score. The tenured career of 10 years and lack of client facing roles could be a slight challenge to enter consulting. It all depends on how you position and package your candidature. - Dee (admissions consultant).
30 Apr 2024, 21:35
I have handled vendor management activities for the entire refinery as a single point contact for 9000 plus vendors. I see to make up for the client interaction with this aspect of my job
30 Apr 2024, 21:39
One mantra I suggest to all my candidates is 'never fall in love with your own CV'. The relationship with a vendor versus a client is very different. To a vendor, you are / were the customer; as a consultant, you will be the vendor. Anyways, I am only trying to share some insights, since besides being an MBA admissions consultant, I have also been a management consultant for past almost two decades.
02 May 2024, 02:16
I can sense that you have interesting elements in your profile. Your GMAT isn't supportive of a T12 application at this point. Feel free to reach out if you want to chat more: https://bit.ly/GM_AugAcd_Profile_Evaluation